2004 - 2008 F-150

Annoying Seat Bealt Chime Help Me

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 05:27 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Annoying Seat Bealt Chime Help Me

I have a 05 fx4 the seat belt chime in this thing is going to drive me nuts i've had the truck about a year and a half i think and i thought i would get used to this schreaching but i'm about to get rid of the truck because of it my friend also has on 07 fx2 and it does the same not only that but if u pick someone up a halh hour later after the screaching has stoped and they get in the passanger seat it starts all over again please help me is there a fuse or something i can do besides put on my seat belt to all those smartass's out there
Thanks guys

Old 10-24-2006, 05:28 PM
Look in your owners manual, it will tell you how to deactivate it. Also you can do a search on here and there are some threads on it that will give you the page number.

Old 10-24-2006, 05:33 PM
thanks

Old 10-24-2006, 06:37 PM
No offense, but it took you a year and a half to figure this out

I woulda cut the wires by now...if it were me

OH YEH....make sure you do both seats or else it will start screaching as soon as someone gets in the passanger seat.

BREW

Old 10-24-2006, 06:55 PM
it involves putting it your key and inserting and removing the belt about 10 times, or something like that. just look in the manual

Old 10-24-2006, 07:25 PM
Rtfm

Old 10-24-2006, 08:09 PM
Or you could just wear ur goddamn seatbelt. It was put there for a reason. I love it when ppl get in and don't put their belt on. I just sit there and wait for it to go off, and I'm like, are you gonna wear it now or am I going to wait till your head is smashed up against the windsheld?

EDIT: And come to think of it, it's kinda like using your signal....some people seem to think that is optional. If you can't do simple things like use your signal or wear your seatbelt then what makes you think you can drive?

Last edited by Matt 05'FX4; 10-24-2006 at 09:48 PM.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Originally Posted by Matt 05'FX4
Or you could just wear ur goddamn seatbelt. It was put there for a reason. I love it when ppl get in and don't put their belt on. I just sit there and wait for it to go off, and I'm like, are you gonna wear it now or am I going to wait till your head is smashed up against the windsheld?
X2

Old 10-24-2006, 09:46 PM
I guess you don't ride that bike much then... Why does this thread turn into a debate over whether or not one should wear their seatbelt

Old 10-24-2006, 10:11 PM
i am a firefighter EMT they are there for a good reason you dont know how many times i been on an accident scene and the seat belt was not worn and the people were screwed up WEAR THE DAM THING IT SAVES LIVES

Old 10-24-2006, 10:22 PM
Originally Posted by cliff2026
Why does this thread turn into a debate over whether or not one should wear their seatbelt
Cliff, You started it...

Originally Posted by cliff2026
"please help me is there....something i can do besides put on my seat belt to all those smartass's out there

Old 10-24-2006, 10:37 PM
Originally Posted by rocky85
Cliff, You started it...
Thank you for making my point. I said that to avoid a debate about whether or not I should wear it. I usually do. I respect those who feel I should. But I made a choice to turn off the alert. Nothing else to argue about.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:42 PM
You started it by calling them smartasses in the first post. That's not a smart way to avoid an argument.

Old 10-24-2006, 10:49 PM
OK I hope its possible to help a fellow member out without injecting our own opinions into this thread. This is why our society is going downhill. People cant sit back and let people make their own decisions (whether they are good or bad) so they step in or allow the government to step in and make the decisions for us. I can't think of one reason wearing your seatbelt should be a law. Unless people flying out of cars posed a serious problem to other people's safety. Looks like i just injected my own opinion... oh well, do you see my point?

On Topic: Google it, I turned off the drivers seat but I leave the passenger seat on because, I can be an idiot and not wear it if I want.(most of the times I'm off road spotlighting or smoething related and that stupid alarm comes on after about 30 sec) Im not letting anyone else get harmed due to my stupidity.

Old 10-25-2006, 12:14 AM
Originally Posted by texasmusic
OK I hope its possible to help a fellow member out without injecting our own opinions into this thread. This is why our society is going downhill. People cant sit back and let people make their own decisions (whether they are good or bad) so they step in or allow the government to step in and make the decisions for us. I can't think of one reason wearing your seatbelt should be a law. Unless people flying out of cars posed a serious problem to other people's safety. Looks like i just injected my own opinion... oh well, do you see my point?

On Topic: Google it, I turned off the drivers seat but I leave the passenger seat on because, I can be an idiot and not wear it if I want.(most of the times I'm off road spotlighting or smoething related and that stupid alarm comes on after about 30 sec) Im not letting anyone else get harmed due to my stupidity.
Its called trying to convince someone to do the right thing, and potentially save their/someone elses life. Maybe some people are just too cool too wear a seatbelt now, I dont know about you but I would rather be able to live my life than not wear my seat belt. Myabe Ford figured that thats the only way idiots will understand they are't doing something wrong, oh the dinging means that I need to put my seatbelt on, damn I dont want to. Come on man.

Quick Reply: Annoying Seat Bealt Chime Help Me