2004 - 2008 F-150

Sound System!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2006, 01:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with Bryan that it all depends on what you want out of your system. Do not let people talk you out of rear speakers if you want rear speakers. Not everyone wants competition level front staging. Some people may want their back seat passengers to hear music from the rear doors. If you are only interested in a great concert like front staged system, then the rear fills are probably not for you. If you are looking for 5.1 surround sound or just want rear speakers because you want them, then go for it. Only you can be the judge of what is best for you.

Old 08-17-2006, 03:27 PM
I have my subs in and am now thinking of the full range speaker. I have an alpine HU and Infinity Kappa's all the way around do you guys really think i would be happy with just amping the front? I have never though of such a thing but i trust all of you. In my case I am out of room for amps really and a 2 channel is smaller. Does anyone know if a JL 4 channel amps fits well under either front seat?

Old 08-17-2006, 07:28 PM
i mean......i got a screw for a reason.....so my friends can drive with me when we hang out and chit. so i want them to be able to hear the music some atleast and not only hear the subs since they would be right under them in the back seat.

but i still want loud quality crisp sound up front with me

Old 08-17-2006, 07:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by patshea098
i mean......i got a screw for a reason.....so my friends can drive with me when we hang out and chit. so i want them to be able to hear the music some atleast and not only hear the subs since they would be right under them in the back seat.

but i still want loud quality crisp sound up front with me
f&* your friends, thats why I don't have power seats on that side...cheap bastards didn't throw in on my truck.

Old 08-17-2006, 07:50 PM
So we are test driving Mazda 6 cars to replace my wife's jeep... How do I get that Bose sound in my F150... It sounds wicked!!! Bose doen't make stuff for our trucks that I have been searching... I thought about picking up a used bose car audio amp off ebay tho...

Old 08-17-2006, 08:08 PM
Originally Posted by Josiah
f&* your friends, thats why I don't have power seats on that side...cheap bastards didn't throw in on my truck.
very true hahaha. no power seat on passenger side for me either. but still.

Old 08-18-2006, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by JonF150
So we are test driving Mazda 6 cars to replace my wife's jeep... How do I get that Bose sound in my F150... It sounds wicked!!! Bose doen't make stuff for our trucks that I have been searching... I thought about picking up a used bose car audio amp off ebay tho...
Still won't have the sound, sadly. My wife's ETC has the Bose system. It do sound good. But they design it for the specific vehicle. Swapping it into something with a different shape or design would kill half the quality.

And truly, aftermarket equipment can sound just as good. You just have to work at it a little.
Chris

Old 08-18-2006, 03:25 AM
Even on my completely stock stereo I keep the rear attenuated roughly 6 db, which effectively mutes them. That's just what I like after having a nice setup [Boston Pros in the kicks (300/2)and 2 10W3s (500/1)] in my single cab S-10 for so many years.

Quick Reply: Sound System!!