2004 - 2008 F-150

Saleen HID headlights?

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The announcement below is a cut and paste from the Saleen website. I live in Irvine so I stopped by today to ask about the timing of the F150 HID headlight release. I was told that they expect release on the light kits to be October/November of this year. The store is very nice and they have a Saleen F150 sitting outside of the entrance. The HID portion of the light looks identical to the mustang so I would guess it’s the same unit made to fit in the F150 housing. The person I spoke to didn’t know what initial pricing would be.

The Saleen Store Grand Opening – Irvine, CA

The Irvine Spectrum

111 Fortune Drive, Suite 905
Irvine, CA 92618

See the latest in Automotive Retailing! See everything from: Saleen’s exquisite line of cars in person, Saleen-branded apparel & accessories, high-performance parts, schedule demo drives; as well as experience the N2O Bar & race the Saleen S7 on the GT Racing Simulator! The Store encompasses a full-range, high-octane ambience for everyone.

Old 08-06-2006, 09:36 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Thanks for the update buster!!

I was out there two weeks ago -- wish I had known about this place as I would've definitely gone by there... even if they weren't open... just to see what I could see.

Old 08-06-2006, 11:08 PM
Since I'm not going w/ a Rize lift, the Amp power step deal fell through and my stereo system is finally complete...I think this will be my next mod.

Old 10-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Delay, Delay, Delay…..

I stopped by the Saleen store at the Spectrum Shopping Center in Orange County today to get us a further update on the release date for the HID system for the F150’s. Unfortunately, I was told that the kits have been delayed for at least 4 months due to the regulatory requirements involved in making these street legal. Even though the HID unit appears to be the same as those on the Mustang, Saleen still needs to jump through several hoops because they are putting them in an new housing. I was also told that current release S331 Sport Trucks are being shipped without HID’s and that the system installed on the S331 display truck was non-functional.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I’ll keep checking back and keep you all updated.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:15 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CRAP! I was actually thinking about this on the way home tonight... I talked to one of the customer service guys about 2.5 weeks ago and they were predicting mid-November for a release... This is really a bummer...

Old 10-19-2006, 07:30 PM
wheres the red tape smiley when you need him!!- geeze might as well put em on the birthday list at this rate

Quick Reply: Saleen HID headlights?