2004 - 2008 F-150

Edge Display Failure; Great Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Edge Display Failure; Great Customer Service

A couple of days ago I noticed the 4 parameter squares that I monitor were very dark, readable but dark. I tried switching to another color (was green) and the display became stuck on blue with the same symptoms. I could not change the display color at all now, stuck on blue and still dark. I emailed Edge Technical Service and let them know what had happened. They emailed me back and told me to call them when I get a chance. I called them back and to shorten the story they are sending me a new unit with instructions on how to return the defective one.

I just wanted to share this story of what I consider great customer service. I know there is a lot of people on this forum using the Edge Evolution in their trucks. It is nice to know when a company stands behind their product, no questions asked. The unit was manufactured on 12/21/2005 and was still under warranty, but I just really enjoy the no hassle dealing with my problem. The whole phone call to them only took a couple of minutes, short but sweet with excellent results.

Kudos to Edge Products

Last edited by chasman97; 06-27-2006 at 08:33 PM.
Old 06-27-2006, 08:37 PM
is it still dark?
mine does that when it gets really hot

Old 06-27-2006, 09:49 PM
Originally Posted by CANNONFX4
is it still dark?
I haven't got the new one yet. It has been kind of hot here too, still shouldn't mess up the display. I was worried the display would totally fail and leave me with no way to program back to stock if needed. I guess I'll find out when it comes....

Old 06-27-2006, 09:54 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by CANNONFX4
is it still dark?
It is normal for the display to be darker when the unit has been extremely hot. Once the unit is back to normal temperature the display should return to its normal contrast. If it doesn't then it may be bad.

Old 06-27-2006, 09:56 PM
It is normal for the display to be darker when the unit has been extremely hot. Once the unit is back to normal temperature the display should return to its normal contrast. If it doesn't then it may be bad.
Mine has done it also. I just point the a/c vent up toward the unit and it cools it down pretty quick and goes back to normal.

Old 06-27-2006, 11:08 PM
my Sirius radio box does that too in the heat. It is just the LCD screen

Old 06-28-2006, 12:32 AM
Mine got dark and stayed dark, there was nothing normal about it. I had no control over the display. I couldn't change the color or adjust the intensity. I normally use the green color, it froze up in the blue color while trying to investigate the problem.

Trending Topics

Old 06-28-2006, 01:04 AM
I posted a thread related to this in another topic...But glad to see I'm not the only one this has happened to.....It was hot here last week and if I forgot to put up my windshield shade the Edge screen went black, but then after it cooled down, it went back normal.

I asked if anyone has any suggestions on what to put either on the outside or inside of the pod to deflect heat so this doesn't happen again....so, any suggestions anyone???

Old 06-28-2006, 09:32 AM
It happens to me everyday in the heat but goes back to normal. Edge has great cutomer service.

Quick Reply: Edge Display Failure; Great Customer Service