2004 - 2008 F-150

Josiah, i need help!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2006, 09:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Josiah, i need help!!

If I remember correctly you had a grinding noise in the front end of your truck when you put it in 4wd. Did you ever figure out what it was and how did you fix it?

I am getting a really bad grinding noise when I put mine in 4wd and its only since the lift was put on.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:22 PM
Cool

Originally Posted by theanimal
If I remember correctly you had a grinding noise in the front end of your truck when you put it in 4wd. Did you ever figure out what it was and how did you fix it?

I am getting a really bad grinding noise when I put mine in 4wd and its only since the lift was put on.
Sound like the IWE. Simple install, cheap part...

Old 04-24-2006, 09:31 PM
Originally Posted by PenguinFX4
Sound like the IWE. Simple install, cheap part...
What is IWE?

Old 04-24-2006, 09:44 PM
What is IWE?
Intergrated wheel end
It is a bellow that has a gear attached to it which slides back and forth. when vacuum is applied to the bellow it retracts the gear which disconnectd the outter hub from the half shafts and connects when vacuum is removed.
With the grinding noise, Your frint drive shaft might be install backwards the end with the boot should be connected to the trans case (I think).

Old 04-24-2006, 09:46 PM
Originally Posted by Ayresusn
Intergrated wheel end
It is a bellow that has a gear attached to it which slides back and forth. when vacuum is applied to the bellow it retracts the gear which disconnectd the outter hub from the half shafts and connects when vacuum is removed.
With the grinding noise, Your frint drive shaft might be install backwards the end with the boot should be connected to the trans case (I think).

I never took the drive shaft off the truck so I dont think thats the prob. Hope I can figure this out soon.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:52 PM
I never took the drive shaft off the truck so I dont think thats the prob. Hope I can figure this out soon.
It was removed to put the lift on.

Old 04-24-2006, 09:53 PM
no it wasnt, I put the lift on

Trending Topics

Old 04-24-2006, 10:01 PM
no it wasnt, I put the lift on
My bad, I removed mine when I put my lift on. How is it working out with out rekeying the front drive shaft, this might be causing a little binding problem.
since you did you lift your self, the IWE's are the part that bolts to the inside of your steering knuckles that has a rubber hose connected to it with two ports on it.
Hope everything works out for you with grinding noise, I had a few problems with 4wd after i put mine lift on (but it was only when it was in a bind(the backend buiried)) but afterr going through everything found nothing wronge and it works now.

Old 04-24-2006, 10:44 PM
Originally Posted by Ayresusn
My bad, I removed mine when I put my lift on. How is it working out with out rekeying the front drive shaft, this might be causing a little binding problem.
since you did you lift your self, the IWE's are the part that bolts to the inside of your steering knuckles that has a rubber hose connected to it with two ports on it.
Hope everything works out for you with grinding noise, I had a few problems with 4wd after i put mine lift on (but it was only when it was in a bind(the backend buiried)) but afterr going through everything found nothing wronge and it works now.
Front drive shaft has really bad vibrations, I will get it fixed up as soon as I get the money. Hope that takes care of some of the probs.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:34 AM
Front drive shaft has really bad vibrations, I will get it fixed up as soon as I get the money. Hope that takes care of some of the probs.
Good luck on getting it fixed. Your truck will luck looks awsome, one day my truck will look half as good as your when I get more money.
I know fabtech sells "May experience driveline vibration in 4WD at high speed. Order FTS92000 CV Front Driveshaft for extended high speed use." that is from their website.

Old 04-25-2006, 03:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm near certain its because you did not key it. Sorry for being so late. And your truck does look awesome. It's so clean, makes me feel some regret, but it goes away quickly, lol. But great looking truck, good taste ;P

Last edited by Josiah; 04-25-2006 at 03:14 AM.

Quick Reply: Josiah, i need help!!