2004 - 2008 F-150

Undercover maintenance?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 04:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Undercover maintenance?

Hey folks, a search for this topic came up fruitless, so here goes.

Is there any minor maintenance that is suggested for the Undercover? I have had mine on for about 8 or 9 months now, and am wondering if there is anything I should do to the hydraulic arms or hinges or anything.

Thoughts?

Old 03-23-2006, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by ToddziLLa

Is there any minor maintenance that is suggested for the Undercover? I have had mine on for about 8 or 9 months now, and am wondering if there is anything I should do to the hydraulic arms or hinges or anything.

Thoughts?
I'd just keep on keepin' on with it. Hinges are so simple there is not much to go wrong with them. The arms, just make sure they are raising the cover well, etc. They should have a decent life span, maint. free

Old 03-23-2006, 04:37 PM
I agree

Old 03-23-2006, 07:27 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Only real maintenance is to wash the bird poop off and be happy you don't have to wax that huge surface.

Old 03-23-2006, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by ToddziLLa

Thoughts?
This is straight out of the Undercover warranty guide I received.

The locking mechanisms of your UNDERCOVER require only periodic lubrications with lithium grease. Do not use penetrating oils as they will attract dirt and dust. Wipe any excess lubricant off of the surface of your UNDERCOVER.

The gas operated lift strut shafts are self lubricating and should only be cleaned periodically with a damp cloth. No solvents or lubricants should be used on the strut shafts, as this will cause premature seal failure of the strut.

All installation hardware and fasteners must be checked periodically for tightness as vibrations from normal use could cause loosening.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Undercover maintenance?