2004 - 2008 F-150

Way to many issues, now its gone.

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 01:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Way to many issues, now its gone.

Odviously everyone here is a fan of the F-150. I am to and that is why I bought mine in the first place. Unfortuinately I bought a terd. It must of been the one that was built on a friday afternoon, by the new trainee at the plant. Here are the specs....

2005 Screw 5.4, 12,900 miles, bought it new - To keep this short I will just note the repairs and not the problems.

* Rebuilt rear end, new ring and pinion gears, axle bearings, put in Syn fluid with ford addative.
* Replaced the drive shaft.
*Replaced the emergency brake pads.
* Rebuilt tranny, replaced valve body, new torque converter, replaced input shaft in transmission.
* Reflashed computer to "Correct Mapping"
* Replaced 8 Fuel injectors, 8 coil packs, and all 8 spark plugs.

After being in the shop for 3 out of 4 weeks the past month I was fed up. I need my truck for work and with out it, caused problems.

After the last visit to the dealer the issues were still there. The truck still bellowed out black smoke every morning and still didnt shift properly. Besides that I could never get over 13.5 mpg, even with a tanneau cover.

The Lemon Law will not apply in this case because they addressed different issues each time and not the same issue 3 times or more.

Afraid of the reliability issues and the what's next with this paticular truck, I traded it in and it wasnt for another F-150. Not that I dont like them I just didnt want the same truck twice.

I didnt post this to upset anyone. Just to let everyone know who was interested what happened, because of previous posts that I made.

It sucks that I had all of these problems. I will buy another one eventually but I think I will wait a couple of years and see what the New, New ones look like.

Cheers

Old 03-22-2006, 01:23 PM
WOW....that sucks .....what are you planning on getting now since you need a work truck like you said

Old 03-22-2006, 01:29 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Too bad about the problems on your truck -- unfortunately, every manufacturer kicks out a "loser" from time to time.

Better luck with the new ride, whatever it may be!

Old 03-22-2006, 01:57 PM
That sucks but no one should have to deal with so many problems. Hopefully the new truck works out for you. I wouldnt deal with those problems either, good luck.

Old 03-22-2006, 02:01 PM
So what did you get to replace the F150?

Old 03-22-2006, 04:05 PM
:o I didnt want to post what I bought inorder, not to start a bash of what I bought on the F-150 forum. But you asked and I didnt want to not reply.

Well I know that it is not in the same class but I bought a Toyata Tacoma. 4 door, long bed, pre runner. I am not a Chevy, GMC or Dodge fan, so that ruled all of them out. The Tundra has a new body style for 07 so I didnt want an 06 and I could not wait that long.

I know the F-150 is bigger, towes more, more HP and TQ. I just wanted something different and I realy liked it after the test drive. It does every thing that my F-150 did, in the way that I use it and that is all that matters to me. And well I like it.

I will miss the Ford, and I am upset over the whole thing. Eventually I will buy another one, but for now I will just drive the Tacoma.

I still own a 66 mustang and a 94 Ranger - I am still a big ford fan.

If you guys want to bash my decision I under stand, but with all of the trouble that I was having, I feel, I did thing by getting something else.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by DiPalo
:o I didnt want to post what I bought inorder, not to start a bash of what I bought on the F-150 forum. But you asked and I didnt want to not reply.

Well I know that it is not in the same class but I bought a Toyata Tacoma. 4 door, long bed, pre runner. I am not a Chevy, GMC or Dodge fan, so that ruled all of them out. The Tundra has a new body style for 07 so I didnt want an 06 and I could not wait that long.

I know the F-150 is bigger, towes more, more HP and TQ. I just wanted something different and I realy liked it after the test drive. It does every thing that my F-150 did, in the way that I use it and that is all that matters to me. And well I like it.

I will miss the Ford, and I am upset over the whole thing. Eventually I will buy another one, but for now I will just drive the Tacoma.

If you guys want to bash my decision I under stand, but with all of the trouble that I was having, I feel, I did thing by getting something else.
Thats funny, I looked at that truck with the screw and longer bed but I decided on the screw f-150. My kids seats fit better in the ford.

Trending Topics

Old 03-22-2006, 04:14 PM
Thats good that you got something that you like and suits your every day needs....aint no harm in that or nothing bad about it.....and in no way can I bash you since you own a 66 mustang.....ford still rocks...but im sorry to hear bout your crappy experience with one of the pick ups....good luck with your toyota

Old 03-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by DiPalo

Nothing to bash, If I remember correctly, you use it some in real estate sales, so it might be just what you need. Just sorry that some people have had such drastic problems with their Ford trucks. I might have done the same thing had it happened to me.

Old 03-22-2006, 04:41 PM
The taco-mas are great trucks. The chances of you getting a bad one is the same as getting a bad f150.

Good luck with the new truck. Toyotas run forever.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...acoma+problems

Old 03-22-2006, 04:42 PM
Banned
That sucks man!! To bad she's gone!

Old 03-22-2006, 04:51 PM
Old 03-22-2006, 04:53 PM
What matters is the truck does what you want/need it to do, and you're happy with it. Hopefully it gives you a lot less problems than the F150 did. Congrats on the new ride...

Old 03-22-2006, 06:07 PM
Thanks guys I appreciate the support and thanks for not bashing. I do use it for Realestate Sales so the Heavy dutyness of the F-150 is not necessary for my work. I will stick around though because I still have my Ranger.

Thanks for that link Teknics.

Old 03-22-2006, 11:04 PM
I had a 2000 tacoma before my F-150, great truck, good decision..

Quick Reply: Way to many issues, now its gone.