2004 - 2008 F-150

Where do you buy the EDGE programer?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 10:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 928gt
Kool Aid,

>Call me crazy........but I didn't want that thing stuck up there on my dash.

Very slick!! Makes me want to quit smoking

I too got "sucked in" by that latest discount code and dropped the dime on mine yesterday :-)

Has anyone found the exact match paint for the grey dash area so we can paint the pod to match?
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...1&page=3&pp=15

Old 01-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Anyone have pics, or a good explanation of what they did to mount the EDGE in the ash tray? I haven't figured out how to take the dash apart yet either.

Old 01-13-2006, 11:00 AM
CCRider,

Thanks!

I should have known better and searched first (I did that after my post and found the same thread).

Old 01-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally Posted by Nates06SCab
Anyone have pics, or a good explanation of what they did to mount the EDGE in the ash tray? I haven't figured out how to take the dash apart yet either.
Do a search and look up "xm ash tray". This should pull up the results. Not sure though. I know a few members have done the xm commander radio install into their ash tray. If you can find one of those threads you will be in business.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:32 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
JazzyJeff,

I didn't mean to sound smart or short with you. Frequently people will ask for something to be posted or reposted that has been covered recently. Sometimes I don't have much luck with the seach button, but I usually try several different keywords before I ask for something to be reposted.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:38 PM
argh!
I still have not recieved an email from truck racing parts saying my item shipped! They have sent me numerous emails, including 2 status update emails, so I know they have my money.
The last 2 ship date emails I recieved say "ships monday 9th", then "ships tuesday 10th". since then, I've emailed them back and have not gotten a response. As far as I know I havnt seen any posts about people who cant get their edge. I feel like I'm the only one getting the run around. It been 15 days since I placed that order.
Sorry to vent, but I'm justa little frustrated. Everyone is having so much fun with their EDGE!

Old 01-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Originally Posted by Rochester
What is that coin holder doing where your 4wd switch is supposed to be? I would have a talk with the dealer
Sorry, but that's the first time I have seen the 2wd interior. If I end up with the edge I would like to do the same as you. Did you have to cut any of the ashtray?
I opted for the 4X4 delete, on the order form.

The cable comes out the back of the Edge, on the left end. I cut a small notch in the back wall of the ashtray, at the left end, to allow the cable to pass thru. The Edge is the exact size of the ashtray, so it's just a snug friction fit holding it in there.

It's easy to remove, and the cable is long enough to reach the port.

When I am out of the truck, the ashtray door closes just as it did before, so no one knows it's in there, and it doesn't become thief bait.

Old 01-13-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally Posted by Nates06SCab
I didn't take the dash apart.

You may want to pull the stereo surround off, but you can modify the back wall of the ashtray with it in place.

The Edge fits in the ashtray snugly, so there is no need to mount it.

Old 01-13-2006, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
When I am out of the truck, the ashtray door closes just as it did before, so no one knows it's in there, and it doesn't become thief bait.
Not like it would do anybody any good unless they have your keys to program it back to stock. Even in the pod, from the outside it really can't be seen that well. Almost looks like part of the dash. I'm sure my dark window tint helps with that though.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:03 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like you're in good shape if the total at the drive-thru window is 10 cents and pennies are required... LOL!

Old 01-13-2006, 02:13 PM
>I still have not recieved an email from truck racing parts saying my item shipped!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but from what I hear if yours hasn't shipped yet you are going to be waiting a few more weeks..... :-(

Old 01-13-2006, 02:27 PM
Hey PenguinFX4, where did you order to get $101 off?

Old 01-14-2006, 12:55 AM
Originally Posted by Kool Aid
I didn't take the dash apart.

You may want to pull the stereo surround off, but you can modify the back wall of the ashtray with it in place.

The Edge fits in the ashtray snugly, so there is no need to mount it.

OK, the snug fit is good news, however the plug is bigger than any drill bit I have (7/16 or bigger I think) Not that I want to take a drill and big bit to the ash tray with it still installed. I would think I need to remove the ash tray and grind off the left forward corner.

Old 01-14-2006, 02:02 AM
Originally Posted by Y2KWHT150
Hey PenguinFX4, where did you order to get $101 off?
fordracingparts.com

Coupon code: eef2400jan06

Latest rumor is they are on back order from them though. I got immediate delivery after ordering last Friday, but I paid $365 with the "edge" coupon.

Old 01-14-2006, 03:02 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Looks like you're in good shape if the total at the drive-thru window is 10 cents and pennies are required... LOL!
I used to throw pennies away.

Now that I have this coin holder, I hang on to them for a couple of days.

But, they sure do rattle in that holder.

Quick Reply: Where do you buy the EDGE programer?