2004 - 2008 F-150

Volant CAI Rocks!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2006, 09:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Volant CAI Rocks!

I just installed the Volant CAI on my truck and it just rocks. Last Thursday I received my Edge and loved the gains it gave me but I wanted to upgrade the exhaust. On Saturday I took the truck to a local shop and installed Flowmaster Delta 40 SIDO and the truck sounds great. Kind of felt like it was starved for air though. Luckily I had already purchased the Volant and was just waiting for it to get here. It showed up today and OMG! The truck just screams now. I highly recommend to anyone not running a CAI already to get one. I am sure they are all good so do some research to pick your own, The Volant sure does Rock. I didnt take any pics tonight but I will get some soon. Man I love driving my truck even more now. I have to quit spending money on it for awhile though or I might be living in it.

Old 01-09-2006, 09:51 PM
Sounds great!! I was thinking of getting the Volant with the ram-air intake. I've heard nothing but great things about it! I have the Edge as well and a Magna-flow exhaust and I feel like you do about the truck not breathing. I think I'll pass on opening up the RAM-Air vents on my hood and go with the Volant CAI with the additional attachment.......

Besides sounding different, did you feel a little bit of a difference?

Old 01-09-2006, 09:55 PM
when you say it sounds awsome are you saying the exhaust sounds good because of the CAI or the noise the engine makes with the CAI?

Old 01-09-2006, 10:41 PM
Originally Posted by KiCk *** FX4
when you say it sounds awsome are you saying the exhaust sounds good because of the CAI or the noise the engine makes with the CAI?
I personally have the AF1 and I'm assuming the Volant would be the same way, but I would say it's probally the way the engine sounds. I have the Magnaflow SISO and I can't hear the exhaust over the intake at WOT. It's sweet and I love it.

Old 01-09-2006, 10:59 PM
Suspended
I think a sound clip from inside the cab would be nice!

Old 01-09-2006, 11:08 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
I think a sound clip from inside the cab would be nice!
I will try to get a sound clip inside the cab soon. Maybe tomorrow.

In regards to sound. I can still hear the exhaust, but there is more engine noise now with the CAI and together they sound great. I do notice a decent performance gain too. The Volant offers a "ram air" duct that you can add to the air box that sucks in air from the factory fog light location but I have the fogs so I didnt get that duct. The air box sucks in air from the fender, just like factory, from behind the headlight, and also from the bottom where the ram duct would attach.

Old 01-09-2006, 11:18 PM
I've been going back and forth on which intake. I wanted the Volant because it's a closed box, and I like the way it looks. I've also read posts that the only two that don't cause lean conditions are the Air Raid and AF1...so I ponder and ponder.

You did notice a performance difference? I was going to get the ram air tube as well and thought it came out behind the tow hook, as opposed to the fog lites.

Jon

Trending Topics

Old 01-10-2006, 12:14 AM
I might have to get one to keep up with you now!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 08:55 AM
Originally Posted by BigBlackFX4
I will try to get a sound clip inside the cab soon. Maybe tomorrow.

In regards to sound. I can still hear the exhaust, but there is more engine noise now with the CAI and together they sound great. I do notice a decent performance gain too. The Volant offers a "ram air" duct that you can add to the air box that sucks in air from the factory fog light location but I have the fogs so I didnt get that duct. The air box sucks in air from the fender, just like factory, from behind the headlight, and also from the bottom where the ram duct would attach.

So if you have factory fogs the "ram-air" kit won't function properly or is not recommended?

Old 01-10-2006, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by BigBlackFX4
The Volant offers a "ram air" duct that you can add to the air box that sucks in air from the factory fog light location but I have the fogs so I didnt get that duct. The air box sucks in air from the fender, just like factory, from behind the headlight, and also from the bottom where the ram duct would attach.
I too have factory fogs, but volants web site says this----
"This scoop connects in the same location where your tow hook mounts."

Old 01-10-2006, 11:05 AM
Originally Posted by BlueScab
I too have factory fogs, but volants web site says this----
"This scoop connects in the same location where your tow hook mounts."
I stand corrected. I know I read somewhere that it mounted to the fog light location but could not be used if you had the factory fogs. Must have been another intake. I would be interested to see one mounted and to hear from someone that has it.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jon05screw
I've been going back and forth on which intake. I wanted the Volant because it's a closed box, and I like the way it looks. I've also read posts that the only two that don't cause lean conditions are the Air Raid and AF1...so I ponder and ponder..

Jon
volant does NOT cause CELs, i have seen more CELs from AF1 than i have volant. volant did have some problems with their early tube design, which they have changed a while ago. as far as i know, volant and S&B are the only ones with an enclosed box, i wouldnt use anything other than them

Old 01-10-2006, 08:31 PM
I've had a 1st generation Volant on for about 1500 miles and never threw a CEL. I just ordered a 2nd generation Volant (only because I want the aluminum lid). I'm sure I wont throw a CEL on this one either.

Old 01-10-2006, 09:57 PM
wheres best place to purchase?is there more than one type for our trucks?

Old 01-10-2006, 10:06 PM
Hey Bigblackfx4, any pics of the intake yet?

Quick Reply: Volant CAI Rocks!