2004 - 2008 F-150

this is bs, edge customer service sucks

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2006, 06:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by C-17 Pilot
Try unplugging your Edge (with the key off), then turn the key to the ON position (but do not start the truck). Finally, plug the Edge back in and wait about 15 seconds. You should now be able to use the custom tuning option again. This procedure is also detailed in the troubleshooting section of the manual (see the last entry in that section).

Good luck!
Thanks, I managed to figure that out and was about to post that fix, MINES WORKING AGAIN!!!!!!!

hopefully it works for others too. here it is straight from the manual.

ERROR CODE 0xF1 (IN CUSTOM MENU) – If you are receiving this error
code while trying to configure your custom options, disconnect from the OBDII
connector, turn the key to the ON position, and plug the Evolution back in. After
getting to the main screen (past Intro and Disclaimer), wait 15 seconds. This will
give your unit time to load parameters it needs to perform the custom changes.
You should now be able to perform your custom changes.

Old 01-10-2006, 12:39 AM
No updates. No nothing. Ignorance on edges part isn't an excuses on the increase volume of customers; they should of suspected this and planned ahead.

Old 01-10-2006, 01:02 AM
me too - Code 0xf1

I too have the dreaded Code: 0xf1 error code when trying to install
the pre-set tunes. Guages work fine, but no pre-set tunes will upload
to my PCM. I just emailed Edge, and as per the manual,
included the stock.bin and vid.bin calibration files collected from my PCM.

Old 01-10-2006, 06:34 AM
Originally Posted by C-17 Pilot
Try unplugging your Edge (with the key off), then turn the key to the ON position (but do not start the truck). Finally, plug the Edge back in and wait about 15 seconds. You should now be able to use the custom tuning option again. This procedure is also detailed in the troubleshooting section of the manual (see the last entry in that section).

Good luck!
Are you guys with problems doing the above procedure?

I called edge with a non-technical issue and waited about 15 minutes. Longer than i wanted but got the answer i needed too.

Old 01-10-2006, 03:41 PM
Originally Posted by zigzag929
I too have the dreaded Code: 0xf1 error code when trying to install
the pre-set tunes. Guages work fine, but no pre-set tunes will upload
to my PCM. I just emailed Edge, and as per the manual,
included the stock.bin and vid.bin calibration files collected from my PCM.
I also have this problem!! and it sucks...but i called edge today and they gave me no time frame just we will call you when it is done...nothing i can do...the engineers have it and are working on it! hope they hurry up! i want my tuner to work!!!

Old 01-10-2006, 03:49 PM
I was on hold for 45min+ ...

"It could be 3 days or 2 weeks, we dont know as the engineers have to write the new file."

Old 01-10-2006, 03:51 PM
Originally Posted by asinatra
I was on hold for 45min+ ...

"It could be 3 days or 2 weeks, we dont know as the engineers have to write the new file."

I'de be p.o'd

Old 01-10-2006, 03:51 PM
I have the same deal where the gauges work but no tunes will upload but my unit also would not even read the trucks pcm code so edge said it was a hardware problem and to send them back the unit. Should be there tommorrow and hopefully will hear some good news. With the hundreds if not thousands of codes on these trucks its no surprise that there will be problems, you cant expect a perfect product from the get go. Knowing that they had 20 beta testers and they dont seem to have had a problem it seems like they did a pretty good job and we're just the unlucky few.

Old 01-10-2006, 05:31 PM
i dont get why they would even sell it to you if they do not support your computer code yet

Old 01-10-2006, 08:41 PM

how about trying a new truck for your edge??

Old 01-11-2006, 10:32 AM
MHP
Originally Posted by asinatra
It's been about a week now and i havent heard anything. I cant imagine those who wait 30 days plus for troyer. I have never updated it and the server still has an old one.

I decided to voice my opinion here because from the looks of it *they* (edge) reads the forum. I would have liked to discuss my issues with edge directly, but they dont respond to emails nor phone calls and i sit on hold for 10-15minutes. Anyone else have a problem with their CS ?
Maybe it's just KARMA rearing it's head.

Last edited by MHP; 01-19-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 01-12-2006, 10:52 PM
I have to say I had totaly the opposite experience dealing with Edge today. I had a very slight problem with my edge causing my truck to ideal very high when I first cranked it up. I called them and went straight through to a tech and described the problem. He took notes and asked if he could call me back after he he had time to research the problem. He did call me back about 2 hrs later with a solution to the problem. The guy could not have been any nicer, he gave me his ext. number and said if I had any more problems to call him directly and he would be happy to help me anyway he could. IMO I couldnt have asked for any better customer care than that!

Old 01-12-2006, 10:54 PM
I have to say I had totaly the opposite experience dealing with Edge today. I had a very slight problem with my edge causing my truck to ideal very high when I first cranked it up. I called them and went straight through to a tech and described the problem. He took notes and asked if he could call me back after he he had time to research the problem. He did call me back about 2 hrs later with a solution to the problem. The guy could not have been any nicer, he gave me his ext. number and said if I had any more problems to call him directly and he would be happy to help me anyway he could. IMO I couldnt have asked for any better customer care than that!
What was the fix for the high idle?

Old 01-12-2006, 10:57 PM
High initial idle is a problem?? My 1714 did that and i thought it was ok...

Old 01-12-2006, 11:03 PM
High initial idle is a problem?? My 1714 did that and i thought it was ok
I've read post where people talked about a high idle when the vehicle is cold. Some say it is ok and normal others say not. That's why I asked. Like to know the scoop.

Quick Reply: this is bs, edge customer service sucks