2004 - 2008 F-150

is it possible to convert bench seats to buckets in '05 f150?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 12:04 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
is it possible to convert bench seats to buckets in '05 f150?

i purchased a 2005 f150 fx4 with the split bench seats. is there a way to replace these seats with power bucket/captains seats with a center console? if so, how much would this cost to have the conversion done? (i wouldnt do it myself).

Last edited by one028; 01-05-2006 at 12:29 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:15 AM
Originally Posted by one028
i purchased a 2005 f150 fx4 with the split bench seats. is there a way to convert these seats to the power bucket/captains seat with a center console? if so, how much would this cost to have the conversion done? (i wouldnt do it myself).
Just my thoughts, check eBay for a seat. Should not be hard, not sure about the power though.

Last edited by MoJoe; 01-05-2006 at 12:17 AM.
Old 01-05-2006, 12:18 AM
https://www.f150online.com/forums/sh...ght=expedition
I think there is another forum somewhere but this fx4&excursion guy is crazy. He did it himself. I dont know where you can get someone else to do it

Old 01-05-2006, 12:19 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sounds like you need a chainsaw and a cooler.....

just pickin, I don't think it can be done without replacing the seats....

Old 01-05-2006, 12:19 AM
If you dont want to go with the full shifter conversion you can just add a XLT console. All you have to do is take out the center "20" and bolt the XLT console in place.

Of course this won't give you power seats but the power seats are the same...just power.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:28 AM
The buckets are all the same. There is no actual captain's chair, or bench. You can put in an XLT console, about a dozen looking for them, a flow through console, very expensive and labor intensive. Or mod a flow through, very cheap to do. You can also put a superduty console in.
It has it's problems, but does work.

This is one in a regular cab.

Those seats were the 'bench seat, cloth, non-power'. Now they are the 'captain's chairs leather full power.
There are 30 or more threads.
Search under
console or
Flow-through or
superduty or
leather e-bay
to learn lots on each mod.

Old 01-05-2006, 12:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish there was a summary or run-down of the labor intensive procedures some of these modders went through. Just for an idea of whether or not I could do something "labor intensive".

Old 09-07-2006, 02:23 AM
is this what i need to convert my middle jump seat to the xlt center console. i have a fx4 with black interior and the color for this console if flint. is this right? if i add up all the parts i believe it comes out to be about $500 for the entire console.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...=1&catalogid=2

how hard is it to do this kind of swap?

also, what is involved price and labor wise to change my drivers seat to a power seat? i am positive i cant do this kind of work so i would have to have it done. do the dealers do this type of thing?

Last edited by one028; 09-07-2006 at 02:31 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 06:04 AM
$500 for the console is insane. I got one out of a rollover truck in CA for $100 and $25 shipping to PA. It needed cleaned up but looks fine. I went through car-part.com. Seen them there for about $300 tops. You have to keep looking and one will appear sooner or later. They pop up on Ebay here and there, but they usually sell for $250-300, lots of people want them.

As for swapping it, remove four bolts and lift out center section. Put new console in, tighten four bolts.

I've seen complete power seats on Ebay go for between $500-600. The seats should be as easy to swap as the console, unbolt, remove, install, bolt down. Not sure what is exactly involved for the power side, most likely just plug em in.

Old 09-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by Josiah
I wish there was a summary or run-down of the labor intensive procedures some of these modders went through. Just for an idea of whether or not I could do something "labor intensive".
I think many people mistake 'labor intensive' for 'time consuming'. There was nothing labor intensive about my dash and console conversion. Hell, I usually put out more physical effort detailing this thing. The conversion just took a while. Having the stones to pull it off is a different story though. One thing that is on every interior modders side is how Ford designed these things. VERY easy to dis-assemble/re-assemble. The last time I put my dash back together (pulled a second time to re-paint), I went from shell of an interior to finished in a little under 3 hours.

I've looked into doing a power drivers seat, but I could never justify the amount these seats sell for just to have the power option. No one ever drives my truck but me, so once it's set, I never touch it. Not worth the money IMO.

As for doing this type of mod yourself - If your health allows you to safely lift the weight of the seat (have no clue what it is - my guess is 50-80 lbs), and you have a knack for remembering what bolt went where, there's no reason why you should doubt being able to do it. 4 bolts and a couple plugs and the seat will lift right out. As for adding the power option, you may need to run a fused 12v under the seat. I doubt Ford would add the wiring for power seats in the floor harness of every truck made.

If you decide to do this yourself, ask nicely for a wiring diagram for the seat and I'm sure myself, or some of the other fine folks on this forum with access to such things, would be happy to post it.

E...

Old 09-07-2006, 08:00 AM
is this what i need to convert my middle jump seat to the xlt center console. i have a fx4 with black interior and the color for this console if flint. is this right? if i add up all the parts i believe it comes out to be about $500 for the entire console.

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...=1&catalogid=2

how hard is it to do this kind of swap?

also, what is involved price and labor wise to change my drivers seat to a power seat? i am positive i cant do this kind of work so i would have to have it done. do the dealers do this type of thing?
I thought there was only 2 types of center consoles. one with the fold down seat and the one with the shifter in the center. I have an XLT and have the fold down seat in center. It would be nice to install the center console with the shifter but methinks moving the shifter would be a PITA.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Originally Posted by scorpio333
$500 for the console is insane. I got one out of a rollover truck in CA for $100 and $25 shipping to PA. It needed cleaned up but looks fine. I went through car-part.com. Seen them there for about $300 tops. You have to keep looking and one will appear sooner or later. They pop up on Ebay here and there, but they usually sell for $250-300, lots of people want them.

As for swapping it, remove four bolts and lift out center section. Put new console in, tighten four bolts.

I've seen complete power seats on Ebay go for between $500-600. The seats should be as easy to swap as the console, unbolt, remove, install, bolt down. Not sure what is exactly involved for the power side, most likely just plug em in.
im looking at car-parts.com now, where did you find the console on that website. it doesnt give you an option to search for a 2004-2006 xlt console. when i try to search under interior parts i get nothing.

Old 09-07-2006, 10:24 AM
never mind, i think i found them. do they send you pictures of the items before they ship them? i cant find what im looking for on that website. its hard to understand the descriptions. if you can lend me a hand and help me find what im looking for i would appreciate it. i need the xlt console to match my black interior.

Last edited by one028; 09-07-2006 at 10:31 AM.
Old 09-07-2006, 10:36 AM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
There is a flow through listed in the above classifieds.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:13 PM
im looking at car-parts.com now, where did you find the console on that website. it doesnt give you an option to search for a 2004-2006 xlt console. when i try to search under interior parts i get nothing.
I used interior panels/misc. Then 2004/2006. Non interchange using F150 and similar. Look down the left most columm for something like:
Console
Ford Truck F150

Then you gotta decipher the descriptions, most are cryptic. I found this on page 3: NEW OEM ,35-30-35,MED.FLINT GREY Couldn't tell ya what it is. And there were never 8000 door panel listings in there before.

The real pain is when you have to call these guys. I've called a few asking about consoles or gauge clusters and from their responses you'd think I asked for blueprints to a nuclear warheads. "HUH?" "You can't do that, that's for Crew Cabs", "dems speed om itters izn't changeables". The most humorous ones are in Texas, not poking fun, just my experience. If you do find intelligent life on the other end of the phone ask for pictures, the better lots will have this intellectual capability.

Remember, patience grasshopper.

Quick Reply: is it possible to convert bench seats to buckets in '05 f150?