2004 - 2008 F-150

bad vibration in steering wheel

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad vibration in steering wheel

have there been any recalls on the 04 or any problems I should keep an eye out for.....I have a 04 that I purchased new and now has 48000 miles....I have recently noticed a bad steering wheel shake between 60 and 70 mph so I pulled the front tires and noticed the rotors were really groved .

Old 12-07-2005, 09:04 PM
MARSHALL.....I'm not trying to be an a$$, but where have you been bro...the steering vibe has been beat to death here. As far as I know, there are no recalls, only a few TSB's and A LOT of vibe issues. I would say, do a search for "steering wheel vibe" or just "vibe" you will get more information and hear more complaining ( me included ) about this vibe than you would ever care to see.

BREW

Old 12-08-2005, 06:10 AM
I haven't been to this site for quite some time been away with the military....thanks for the info

Old 12-08-2005, 08:47 AM
Originally Posted by MARSHALL1225
I haven't been to this site for quite some time been away with the military....thanks for the info

Ahh, I knew there must have been a good reason....Again, please dont take my comment in that last post the wrong way. It's just that the vibe is a huge problem and Im tired of it on my truck. I hope you dont have it. In any case, if you feel the slightest vibe, I would take it in to get looked at. Just get it on record early.

You said you were away, which means you are home now...safe..which makes me happy. Glad to hear it. Thanks for serving. I just wish everyone could experience the military. I did 6 years and decided it was time to go. Hope all is well and you have a safe holiday and Merry Christmas with your family and friends.

BREW

Quick Reply: bad vibration in steering wheel