2004 - 2008 F-150

Roush hood scoop

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005, 12:57 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i personally love the roush scoops. i personally never really liked the smooth lines on ram air hoods, and the roush scoop looks much better than the stick on POS's

also, just look at the previous mustang gt's, bolt on non functional scoop

i had to take mine off for a while and i cant wait to get it back on!

Old 12-08-2005, 08:46 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BTW, for you guys with the stock "shaking hoods", here is a TSB concerning this, hope it helps........

TSB 04-18-8

09/20/04

HOOD FLUTTER AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS

FORD:
2004 F-150

ISSUE

Some 2004 F-150 vehicles may exhibit hood movement at the back of the hood due to high air turbulence, while driving at highway speeds. This condition may be amplified by the installation of an accessory bug shield and may be more pronounced when passing an on-coming vehicle on a two lane road.

ACTION

Refer to the following Service Procedure.

SERVICE PROCEDURE

1. Confirm that the hood is flush with the front fenders at each front corner. If the hood is under-flush adjust the hood stops to raise the hood flush with the tops of the front fenders.

2. Check the amount of drag at the rear hood to cowl seal with a piece of paper. Place a piece of paper between the seal and hood, close the hood and then slowly pull the paper out.

a. If there is sufficient drag, indicating good seal to hood contact, return the vehicle to the customer.

b. If there is little to no drag, obtain locally a piece of fuel hose 147 cm long & 11 mm diameter (58" long & 3/16" diameter). Lube the hose with a soap-based solution and install the hose inside the hood seal bulb.

WARRANTY STATUS:
Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage

OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME

041808A Check And
Adjust Hood,
Includes Time
To Adjust Hood
Bumper Stops,
Check Hood
Rear Seal
And Install
Hose Inside