2004 - 2008 F-150

My 2006 Came!

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2005, 12:30 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My 2006 Came!

I replied to the "2006 ordering" thread... but I couldn't resist adding this into a new thread. :-)

Well, I got a call on Friday about 2:30... and it was my sister (who works at the dealer). She says "Guess what is here!". Needless to say, I was suprised, because we didn't expect it for about another week! It is everything I hoped it would be. After work we drove over and picked it up... it was fresh off of the delivery truck.

The Black Leather interior is beautiful. The seats have an awesome textured look to them (in the middle). I'll have to get a good picture of that. The Audiophile system is definitely worth the money as well (I love the idea of not messing with an aftermarket stereo system). The Moonroof has been fun (the weather on Saturday was a "warm" 70 or so degrees). Also, the 20's are killer!

I put a few shots up in the gallery I created for it. The shots were taken yesterday while we were out shopping. You'll notice I parked a ways out in the parking lot so there wouldn't be much around it (makes for better pictures). These aren't great shots as far as the surrounding goes, but I'll get more later. Anyway, my wife and I are excited to FINALLY have it. It needs tinting, and probably a spray in bed liner. I also want to swap out the grille for a Harley grille. Other than that, it doesn't need much else. ;-)

Gallery: https://www.f150online.com/galleries....cfm?gnum=6883

Old 12-05-2005, 12:34 AM
Add the black Harley headlights along with the grill.

:santa:

Old 12-05-2005, 12:49 AM
Great lookin truck......still tryin to figure out what the guys at Ford were on when they decided to include 20's with an "off-road" package.....but I really like those. I just might have to throw everything I've been thinkin out the window and get a set when they hit Ebay. Those would look even better with a big fat set of Mickey T's or Nittos.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:49 AM
thats hot man- love the 20's...
only thing other than the harley grille that id suggest is leveling it off!
sweet truck
Justin

Old 12-05-2005, 12:57 AM
SWEET TRUCK MAN!! NICE COLOR CHOICE..

MOD TIME!!

Old 12-05-2005, 12:58 AM
Kool Aid - For me, the jury is still out on the Harley headlights... they look great on a black truck, but I'm still not sure about other colors. :-)

EDGEonSTEROIDS - Thanks! Ford was only responding to demand. I hate to use the word "trend" but... the trend has moved towards larger wheels... it's slowly happened over time. 17's used to be "big" but anymore aren't anything beyond standard with most vehicles. Also, the off road package doesn't come with the 20's, they are a seperate option. I get your point though - you wouldn't typically expect to see 20's on an off road vehicle. Ultimately, they look great on the truck, and I'd highly recommend them to anyone with this body style.

BalogUK - Thanks! Ahh yes, I forgot about the leveling kit. That would definitely help... good call!

Old 12-05-2005, 01:00 AM
Originally Posted by hmfic
SWEET TRUCK MAN!! NICE COLOR CHOICE..

MOD TIME!!
Thanks! I can see you are also a big fan of the Red FX4's! I think the FX4's look great with bright colors (Yellow is another great FX4 color). The painted bumpers do a lot for the bright look.

Quick Reply: My 2006 Came!