2004 - 2008 F-150

Harley Grille best place to buy HD

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2005, 03:24 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Harley Grille best place to buy HD

I'm thinking of getting that HD grille, Don't need it, but dang, it's pretty...

I'm seeing prices of 125 shipped, but I can't find anyone that is actually selling it for that.
Anyone with a Link to vendor, or number, please e-mail me. Unless it's a sponsor, then feel free to post it here.
Thanks
Chris

Old 11-12-2005, 04:05 PM
www.fordparts.com has it for $113.53 right now plus $28.00 for ground shipping. That's what I paid for mine...the part number is 6L3Z-8200-AAA. The part is described as Grille Assembly-Radiat, but it is the Harley grill. I love mine so far...just be really careful taking off the old surround if you plan on using it. PS...it came already attatched to a black surround so if you don't have a black truck, you will have to remove your old surround plus the new one without messing up the clips. If you need help, I can explain how I did mine without damaging them.

Old 11-12-2005, 04:33 PM
Originally Posted by shookman34
[url]snip;
it came already attatched to a black surround so if you don't have a black truck, you will have to remove your old surround plus the new one without messing up the clips. If you need help, I can explain how I did mine without damaging them.

I am going to have to swap the surround as my truck is silver, so please, any tips would help. I have read that the clips always break?
Chris

Old 11-12-2005, 04:45 PM
I don't know if anyone has succesfully removed one without breaking the clips or the tabs because they are locked in so tight. I took a little dremel tool or mini grinder with a tiny head and started grinding away at the tabs on the old grill until the clip (the part that actually catches) could be popped through. On the new grill/surround, I did the opposite. Took a pair of tin snip and cut the clips as flush as I could and then ground the remaining hook part off.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:15 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the clips will break but they are not doing much. They are there in case the primary clips break. When i sold my old one w/ new surround the clips broke and it still holds just as good. There are also a couple of extra clips that hold it on and when you mount it to the truck another 4-6 bolts(cant remember). Fordparts.com must have raised their price for shipping cuz it was only 13 for me. 125 shipped. Good luck and post pics. Oh and i just used a flat head to pop the clips off. Good luck and if you can put new seat covers on, change the interior, this is a joke. Unless you are FX4&Excursion cuz he will take the entire engine out.

Old 11-12-2005, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by chrisrud15
the clips will break but they are not doing much. They are there in case the primary clips break. When i sold my old one w/ new surround the clips broke and it still holds just as good. There are also a couple of extra clips that hold it on and when you mount it to the truck another 4-6 bolts(cant remember). Fordparts.com must have raised their price for shipping cuz it was only 13 for me. 125 shipped. Good luck and post pics. Oh and i just used a flat head to pop the clips off. Good luck and if you can put new seat covers on, change the interior, this is a joke. Unless you are FX4&Excursion cuz he will take the entire engine out.
WAHAHHAAHAHHA!! Dude, I just fell out of my chair! I'm gettin closer, as NOW my front bumper is off!! Bring on the 06 Bumper!

Old 11-12-2005, 07:23 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wish i had either a black truck so i could be doing these mods or had 40K to throw away. My color just wouldnt look right w/o the chorme bumpers. You are almost there. What's next on the list after the bumper(AWD, Cluster, Seats). I know you are looking at those wheels now. The cluster in the HD looks pretty sweet and w/ your new interior would look real nice. Keep on going and keep on the pics

Old 11-12-2005, 07:28 PM
I replaced the surround on two grills, and didn't break a single tab.

Just go slow and work them a little at a time. It's best to bring it in the house, throw a blanket on the floor and sit down with a beer and a football game on, and just relax.

This isn't a race.

Use a small flat blade screwdriver to bend up the the 'post' side of the tab, then another flat blade to slide down in between the 'catch' tab to release it. Don't bend the tab up too far, or it will break.

Have a few more screwdrivers (and hands) around to slide the handles in between the surround and the grill to keep tension on it while you move to the next one.

The good news is......The surround goes on much easier than it came off.

:santa:

Old 11-12-2005, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by chrisrud15
Wish i had either a black truck so i could be doing these mods or had 40K to throw away. My color just wouldnt look right w/o the chorme bumpers. You are almost there. What's next on the list after the bumper(AWD, Cluster, Seats). I know you are looking at those wheels now. The cluster in the HD looks pretty sweet and w/ your new interior would look real nice. Keep on going and keep on the pics
Chris, I am looking very hard at those wheels....we'll see! The HD cluster is very very nice and I agree, would definitely look good. If I ever see one pop up on ebay......God help me when the truck is finished, what the hell else am I gonna do? Oh, well, there's the wifes Excursion!

Old 11-12-2005, 10:17 PM
Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
I'm thinking of getting that HD grille, Don't need it, but dang, it's pretty...

I'm seeing prices of 125 shipped, but I can't find anyone that is actually selling it for that.
Anyone with a Link to vendor, or number, please e-mail me. Unless it's a sponsor, then feel free to post it here.
Thanks
Chris
Just saw this on ebay 135 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NIB-2...QQcmdZViewItem

Quick Reply: Harley Grille best place to buy HD