2004 - 2008 F-150

ignition kill switch...?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2005, 09:17 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by etrevino103186
I am not going to leave a non-PATS key in the ignition when I park my truck. I am in college and there are a lot of people who like to **** around. The last thing I need is for someone to grab my keys from my dorm or something and go job riding. If they get my keys they'll just turn the radio on and they won't know what the hell is going on because it won't turn. Plus it frickin cool to put gadgets like that on your truck. I definitely want to try to put the button to start the truck. So would you leave the key in there or how would it work. I know the s2000 have it been I don't know the setup....Anyone care to explain.
I don't like leaving a key in the ignition if it works or doesn't. It's just temptation for someone to break a window and try to drive it away. I don't leave anything in sight to attract a break in either. I think the wire splice at the starter is a 100% guarantee that the truck will not be started. If you put the switch under the carpet, no one will see you casually pressing it with your foot while getting in the truck. Good luck with your truck...

Most thiefs no how to disable an alarm, and they know that the wiring for the ignition is located on the steering column. That is why i choose to do it from underneath the car and wire a dimmer switch under the carpet out of the way and believe me they won't figure it out either..

Last edited by FX4ME2; 10-28-2005 at 09:21 PM.
Old 10-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by etrevino103186
I am not going to leave a non-PATS key in the ignition when I park my truck. I am in college and there are a lot of people who like to **** around. The last thing I need is for someone to grab my keys from my dorm or something and go job riding. If they get my keys they'll just turn the radio on and they won't know what the hell is going on because it won't turn. Plus it frickin cool to put gadgets like that on your truck. I definitely want to try to put the button to start the truck. So would you leave the key in there or how would it work. I know the s2000 have it been I don't know the setup....Anyone care to explain.
The push button start setup is easy. Once the button is mounted, wired up, and ready to go, you place your key in the ignition, turn it to the on position, and push the start button. You hold the button until the truck fires up. I want to do this but gonna study where I can mount the button and what start button to use.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:50 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I am gonna do the push button it def. sounds like a cool idea. I am gonna wait for someone to do it first though and then I will. What if I don't want to use the button for some STRANGE reason could I still turn the key or would it not work. How bout rewiring the overdrive button so that you could use that button. That would be pretty friggin cool to be able to grab the shifter (for us column shifters" and start the truck and then shift it. Then you could put a button switch somewhere on the dash for the overdrive. I got a little over my head lol. Any other ideas?

Quick Reply: ignition kill switch...?