2004 - 2008 F-150

sema show 05'

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2005, 01:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mattadams
Diggler, I'll be there, and my truck will be on display, feel free to check it out, it'll have an f150online sticker on it

I'd offer to show you around Vegas, I've only been there about a dozen times, but I'll be broke as usual this year, LOL.
My gf loves your truck. Sure wish I was goin, would be hard to convince them I'm an 18 year old autoshop owner.

Old 10-19-2005, 04:02 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll be going for the 5th year in a row.
You do have to show some sort of proof you are in the biz. Some years they dont even ask, but last year I really had to prove I had a business to a gal.

Old 10-19-2005, 05:14 PM
I wish I could make it this year, but I can't. I made the trip the past two years in my Roush Mustang with the top dropped rollin' the strip...that was a blast with 10 Roushes rollin' down the strip Enjoy the show you guys, it's awesome...and don't touch the chicks.

Old 10-20-2005, 01:01 AM
Originally Posted by teknics
Steve,

Send me your info (cell and hotel) and I will add you to our excel file.

teknics at truckblog.com

Yes, Mandalay bay.....oh what a night

Edit:

Not to rain on anyone's parade, but this year "security" is more strict. They are asking for a business license and stuff this year. Pre-registration is now closed (it was extended an extra week last week) and it cost $50 at the door.
YES, this year we tried to register several "new" names and were flagged ... Seems to be getting tougher EVERY year trying to get friends into the show. ONCE we have badges ... pretty easy to give the badges to other friends who want to attend on different days. I hope to get some good photos and post as many as possible. SO many great things it is easy to miss something.

Old 10-20-2005, 10:10 AM
In a way, I wish everyone could get into the show, because it is great to see and it is an experience in itself if you are into automobiles at all. There is no show like it in the entire nation any other time of year.
But, on the other hand, I hate it when I am there trying to make business contacts, speak with vendors about product ideas, and so forth, only to have it be so packed of people trying to take pictures of scantilly clad women and the nice cars, that I can't even get to some of the booths.

Old 10-24-2005, 02:10 PM
Unhappy

Well my girlfriend had our baby 8 weeks early and I might not be able to make the Sema show. I am supposed to leave monday the 31st. He is doing fine so far but we'll see what this week brings. She told me to go and I more than likely will if he is still fine. He will be in the hospital for around 3 weeks in icu.
What would you do in my situation?

Old 10-24-2005, 02:15 PM
Diggler, if I was in your situation, I wouldn't go. It's not worth it, in the long run. If something bad happened you'd be many many miles away. My opinion? SEMA will be there next year too.

Old 10-24-2005, 03:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Couldn't agree more Matt. Don't even tell anyone you considered leaving your kid for an auto show...okay "THE" auto show (not like they care anyways). I can tell the good father instincts are in you, you're truly asking yourself about going but matt couldn't be more right, the show will be there for many years to come.

Old 10-24-2005, 04:04 PM
Even if he is fine, I wouldn't go. That's a very stressfull time for both your son and your wife. He'll be fine, but you really shouldn't go to a SEMA show over being there for you son and wife. If something were to happen while you were gone (God forbid), you'd never forgive yourself.

In the end it is your decision and yours alone, but my advice would be to wait till next year.

Old 10-25-2005, 12:30 AM
Yeah the coverage is great on Car and Driver, Speed Network and many other sources. I got my badge a few weeks ago in the mail, and will be packing this weekend for the trip.

Old 10-26-2005, 08:37 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Make sure you get some pics of Courtney Hansen. She is supposed to be there this year. If you want to see more, she has pics at her website from FHM. I wish they were larger though.

http://www.courtneyhansen.com/

Old 10-26-2005, 07:12 PM
For those that will be at SEMA on opening day (Tuesday, Nov 1), Jack Roush and Roush Performance Products will hold a press conference on Tuesday, November 1st at 9:40 am. Location is the Roush Performance Booth #24701 in the Central Hall.

Jack will reveal the 2006 Stage 3 Roush Performance Mustang, the fastest and best handling Mustang in Roush history, and the first-ever Stage 3 F-150, a 445 HP/500 FT LB engineering marvel.

Jack will also unveil the all new American-made forged Roush Wheel Collection and the Roush Performance Competition Parts line, signaling the company's return to grassroots drag racing.

A number of Roush Performance engines, the ROUSHcharger systems for F-150s and Mustangs and special edition hot rods will be on display.
The intercooler sure adds a nice chunk of HP/TQ ... pretty sure that's all they did to the S/C system for the S3 F150...however they could have used a different pulley too. Thought some of you might be interested in this if you're there during this...

Old 10-31-2005, 01:26 PM
If anyone is going, please post pictures of the Stage 3 Roush F-150. Thanks.

Quick Reply: sema show 05'