2004 - 2008 F-150

Who hates their after market exhaust????

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2005, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maskins, are you asking about buying stock muffler? If so, then yes, I would sell mine.

Milam

Old 10-13-2005, 04:10 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Jardine

My first catback for my 2000 Expy was a Jardine catback. At 2000rpm, the cabin drone drove my absolutely NUTZ! It was loud and obnoxious...couldn't hear myself think. Ripped that sucker off in only 3 weeks.

Then, switched to a Gibson Swept-side and ahhhh.....peace and quiet in the cabin with a nice rumble.

Old 10-18-2005, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by maskins
For all the people who removed one and then put on a new system. Do you want to sell the first one?
I haven't bought a new catback yet, but I've been seriously thinking about buying a B&B catback. It sure would help me decide to get one if I know someone wanted to buy my SISO Magnaflow. It only has about 2000 miles on it.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:54 PM
Originally Posted by tmilam
maskins, are you asking about buying stock muffler? If so, then yes, I would sell mine.

Milam
No I was looking for a used aftermark.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:56 PM
Originally Posted by brypink2
I haven't bought a new catback yet, but I've been seriously thinking about buying a B&B catback. It sure would help me decide to get one if I know someone wanted to buy my SISO Magnaflow. It only has about 2000 miles on it.
Send me an email with how much you want for it and what model it is.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:07 AM
Originally Posted by maskins
Send me an email with how much you want for it and what model it is.
I sent you an email via this site...email me at brypink@***.net if you do not receive it.

Old 10-19-2005, 01:35 AM
MHP
My neighbor had the 18" Magnaflow on his and the sound really bothered me every time he left early for work. It made me decide to go with the 24" Magnaflow wich sounds great.

Last edited by MHP; 10-19-2005 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Suspended
dang, I'm w/ projectmech, nobody has much of a preference. I've been debating all this for a long time now, trying to figure out which will sound best when I get the money saved to buy it and my lift. The time is close now, but I still don't know what to do. I have experience w/ flowmaster 40 on an older f150, sounds decent w/ cat cut off, but I don't want to lose any low end and I don't want it to sound 'decent.' I don't want a big drone in the cab, a little drone is not bad. I decided against flow 40, still undecided on flow super 40, and from what I gather magnaflow has a good sound to it, but just not loud enough for someone w/ my taste. I want it loud enough to hear while idling and driving at all speeds, but not obnoxious and not a loud drone. I thought fourpointsix had me talked into an IMCO muffler, but now he's saying the drone is crazy loud and he's looking into magnaflow. So I guess I've decided against IMCO, glad I haven't ordered one yet, I was about to.

Is there anyone on here that is in their mid 20's, likes moderately loud exhaust that is noticeable but not obnoxious, and not redneck sounding? If so, what exhaust do you recommend because that is a good description of the exhaust I want?

Old 10-20-2005, 01:20 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
brypink2

If the price is right i may be interested as well..

Old 10-20-2005, 06:58 AM
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
ive had my borla siso out my truck for a week now. sounds great and there is a very noticeable improvement with acceleration. cost 480.00. dual would have been 300.00 more. ive had the dual and except for looks i do not see the difference. this one may be a little louder in the cab.

Old 10-20-2005, 11:20 AM
I hate how great my Borla exhaust sounds

Old 10-20-2005, 12:26 PM
I have the Flowmaster 40...no drone at all. I believe that is because of the quality install more than the muffler. My installer used rubber mounts instead of solid welds....told me up front of a drone issue if did solid connections. He even told me the stock would drone some if mounted w/o rubber dampers.

Old 10-20-2005, 12:35 PM
Global Moderator &

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts
Originally Posted by TAT2278
I have the Flowmaster 40...no drone at all. I believe that is because of the quality install more than the muffler. My installer used rubber mounts instead of solid welds....told me up front of a drone issue if did solid connections. He even told me the stock would drone some if mounted w/o rubber dampers.
same here, I have the 40, no drone, love the sound.

Old 10-20-2005, 03:56 PM
Suspended
Originally Posted by TAT2278
What are these rubber mounts you are talking about? I like to have my exhaust systems welded on and I guess they put the hanger brackets and everything in and weld them on too. Never had any problems and if that is close to what you're talking about, I don't see how anything like that could cause a drone. Drone is involved directly with the muffler and it's interior design unless I am way off. Piping from the muffler can distribute and move the muffler's sound to a different location, but if it drones it drones.

I've got a flow 40 on my other f150 and it drones at low speeds and rpms around 35-45 mph, so I know they have drone. It is bearable to me, I don't mind and it's not that bad, but you can never tell what people mean when they say 'loud drone' on here. To some w/ sensitive ears, a loud drone is really only a slight drone.

Old 05-31-2006, 09:43 AM
Interesting thread. After reading all this it's obvious to me the Magnaflow 12588 is the correct choice. Midas will install with custom 2-1/4" tail pipes and 2-1/2" stainless tips for around $250.00. I wonder why magnaflow won't make a system that exits out both sides behind the wheels. Thanks everyone for the intelligent posts.

Quick Reply: Who hates their after market exhaust????