2004 - 2008 F-150

??? on a locking gas cap

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2005, 01:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ascii
Check this one out

It's only like $48 and it even says FORD..

Well???? The pix shows the FORD emblem but the site states that the f-150 version does not have the emblem. Well so what. Ordered mine today. And like a lot of you I am concerned having gas stolen but MORE concerned to have something unwanted poured down into the tank. What a creepy (crapy) world we have to put up with out there. No one respects anything these days. Especially our vehicles.

And by the way, be vary wary with who you do business with on line. Two weeks ago I had my debit card numbers stolen. The only place I used it was on-line. They started using it on a Friday and I was alerted by Nordstrom's On-Line and I got it Hot Carded on Saturday morning. By Monday there were requests for pre approval of charges of over $1500. All were from on line purchases. Due to the quick action of one of Nordstrom's agents in alerting me my bank only had to absorb about $250. I'm not even one of Nordstrom's customers. I don't think it was compromised in the sending of data over the secure ordering system but probably by an internal employee of someone I had done business with. They have all been alerted. So now I am not using my debit card but a regular credit card for ordering. Lucky my debit card had a low daily max.

Old 08-25-2005, 12:45 PM
WELL I have -11510 "Stant Brand" so fart the CHECH engine dosnt come I think everything is gona be OK

Old 09-07-2005, 06:16 PM
6L3Z9030AA = 26.64

I guess it's a new # atleast thats what I was told.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:30 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Ascii
6L3Z9030AA = 26.64

I guess it's a new # atleast thats what I was told.
Where is that price from? The Ford/Motorcraft ones I've seen are $35-$45.

Old 09-07-2005, 06:50 PM
There are 2 different stant models, one for the oe cap with an orange o-ring (white bottom cap) & the 2nd model is a black cap (oe also). You need to check your cap first & figure out which one/model you need. I put the stant in monday, and no problems as of yet. Ive ran stant in my old tahoe, but the cap fell apart (locking one also), So I was kind of weary to use stant again. BUT, between 15 bucks & 50 bucks, its a no brainer. Sad to say, gas up here is 3.34 a gallon on average.

Old 09-07-2005, 09:56 PM
I called the guys at Fpo

Told them what kind of truck and they showed 1 with the old part number of

4L3Z9K163AA

they said they had 1 in stock but he then called the motorcraft vendor or whatever and they gave him a new part number of

6L3Z9030AA

Both showed a price of 26.64 plus shipping i think he said it was like 6 or 7 shipping and should ship tomorrow. So I won't know 100% until I get it if it's the right one. I figure if he looked it up for my truck it should be the right one. I'll take pics of it when I get it and let you all know what the deal is.

Old 09-07-2005, 11:31 PM
Jeez guys just go to Wal-Mart and get you a Stant PN# 11501 for 8-12 bucks depending on where you live....I think they're 9 something here but they've been out for about a week, book says it'll work i'll find out soon as they get them in. 50 bucks for a gas cap is (no offense to the owner) ********** crazy.

Old 09-08-2005, 07:29 AM
Bought #1510 stant cap lock gas and has no engine light on after 35 miles.

16 bucks from Pep boys.

YOMAN!

Old 09-08-2005, 07:34 AM
Wallyworld sells stant and Fram locking gas caps for $11.Part # 10502.

Last edited by nightmoves; 09-08-2005 at 07:39 AM.
Old 09-09-2005, 01:33 AM
Originally Posted by wstahlm80
Any insight to that Anti-siphon comment?
Has anyone tried to siphon gas out of one of these trucks?

I did.

I tried for nearly 30 minutes, so I wouldn't have to drive to the gas station for lawn mower gas.

All I got was high.

Not one drop of gas.

Old 09-09-2005, 02:15 AM
The best one it where you pur sugar on the floor next to the gas cap, sprinkle some around the filler neck and leave the bad of sugar on the ground. They will freak out when you did nothing wrong

Old 09-10-2005, 11:17 PM
just thought I would share this with all! I was going to get a locking cap for my truck until I found out in our local area, since everyone was buying these the thiefs just went one step further! There has been many reports that vehicles with the locking caps where getting there tanks punctured with a ice pick or screw driver, just pop a hole in it slide a container under and wait till it fills up and come back! Not are they only getting as much as their container can hold, but the rest of your gas runs onto the ground, and if that isnt bad enough, you still have to have the tank repaired or replaced!! I would rather they just take the 10 or 20 gals! Just something to consider, Im sure it wont take long for this to spread, it is probably already happening in other areas as well.

Old 09-11-2005, 12:04 AM
OMC
Originally Posted by jimmyb04stx
just thought I would share this with all! I was going to get a locking cap for my truck until I found out in our local area, since everyone was buying these the thiefs just went one step further! There has been many reports that vehicles with the locking caps where getting there tanks punctured with a ice pick or screw driver, just pop a hole in it slide a container under and wait till it fills up and come back! Not are they only getting as much as their container can hold, but the rest of your gas runs onto the ground, and if that isnt bad enough, you still have to have the tank repaired or replaced!! I would rather they just take the 10 or 20 gals! Just something to consider, Im sure it wont take long for this to spread, it is probably already happening in other areas as well.
well if these trucks do have an antisiphon thing in them then locking gas cap or not they won't get gas out unless they punch a hole or cut the fuel line. I got the cap so people won't put stuff into my tank. No matter what you do if someone wants something bad enough they are going to get it one way or another.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:57 AM
Yes,It serves two reasons ,The gas @ someone wanting too trash your truck

Old 09-11-2005, 08:21 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jimmyb04stx
(Snip
There has been many reports that vehicles with the locking caps where getting there tanks punctured with a ice pick or screw driver, just pop a hole in it slide a container under and wait till it fills up and come back! Not are they only getting as much as their container can hold, but the rest of your gas runs onto the ground, and if that isnt bad enough, you still have to have the tank repaired or replaced!! I would rather they just take the 10 or 20 gals!
To follow that train of thought maybe you should leave your truck unlocked with the keys in the ignition and your wallet on the seat. This way the thief could save time and not have to work so hard

Quick Reply: ??? on a locking gas cap