2004 - 2008 F-150

MAGNAFLOW exhaust 2004 5.4L

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Duke, I have the SISO Magnaflow, and from that perspective, there is absolutely no drone whatsoever. The sound rips on open throttle, but docile as can be during normal cruise. Windows up, under normal throttle, it gives exellent background music. I find myself shutting off the radio just to hear it. For me this is a win-win situation. There are probably SIDO sounds files on this board you can search for, I would check that out. The SIDO folks would need to chime in as they would have direct experience of course. Again, from the SISO perspective, I think it fits with exactly what you are looking for, from a sound point of view. Good luck!

Old 07-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Originally Posted by FX4&EXCURSION
Duke, I have the SISO Magnaflow, and from that perspective, there is absolutely no drone whatsoever. The sound rips on open throttle, but docile as can be during normal cruise. Windows up, under normal throttle, it gives exellent background music. I find myself shutting off the radio just to hear it. For me this is a win-win situation. There are probably SIDO sounds files on this board you can search for, I would check that out. The SIDO folks would need to chime in as they would have direct experience of course. Again, from the SISO perspective, I think it fits with exactly what you are looking for, from a sound point of view. Good luck!

Yeah I'd be interested what the SIDO have to say too. I might like the more reserved tone from the SISO, but I'm in love with the look of SIDO.

Old 07-28-2005, 04:26 PM
SIDO does look good! Good luck on what you do.

Old 07-28-2005, 05:17 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i have a SI/SO magnaflow catback. as for mine and drone. i thought that at cruising i could hear it to much. but i like to have it quiet while i am cruising on the freeway. i was getting a drone from 1750 to 2100 rpm's. and that is where the truck would stay at when cruising on the freeway. it wasnt bad but it was enought that after 700 miles it drove me and my wife nuts. i ended up getting a magnaflow resonater and put that on it. now the drone is gone at cruise. here is a pic of the muff and the resonater.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:09 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by F150 Duke
Yeah I'd be interested what the SIDO have to say too. I might like the more reserved tone from the SISO, but I'm in love with the look of SIDO.
I would say that with my SIDO Magnaflow at highway speeds that I can hear it to the extent that I can tell it's not a stock exhaust system, but it is in no way intrusive to conversation or music in the cab. And then when I step on it I get the nice sweet rumble of exhaust that I was hoping for!

Old 07-28-2005, 06:18 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
jocacliff,

I don't remember the part number on mine but I have a very early build date 9-03 and I know they did some changes since I purchased mine to fit the newer build dates.

Old 07-28-2005, 06:35 PM
I believe all of the folks who say they can "feel" a difference with the Magnaflow systems, i just cant make it click to my brain that it's legit. I mean the Flow 40's have been around FOREVER, but i peeps say on this forum that it actually hurts lower end HP #'s? what gives? Is it Really worse than stock? How so?

I had my flow 40 series welded onto the stock tube system the day i bought the truck (before i found this friggin place!) and now i think "did i actually get a muffler that is worse than stock?" it's just so hard to believe sooo many people would buy Flows if they "sucked"

And whats worse, the only adavantage anything i race has is right off the line.....lower RPM's, then i catch up or trail right there....i would hate to think it's the flow's causing that. And no, i dont race crap outta my league, im talking good quality races, once i hit 3000 RPM's that is, Even my brothers Tundra kills me off the line.

I wish i knew a SCREW around here TROYER tuned with intake & MAGNAFLOW, i'd run them in a second! Then i would stop losing sleep over it.

I was a HUGE skeptic of Mike Troyer BEFORE, bought the xcal and honestly couldnt be happier.

Can anyone want to shed some light on this so i can justify dumping my newly installed $100 flowmaster muffler for a full blown $300+ "catback" system?

I never type this much, so i hope someone has something intelligent to say about this....

Old 07-28-2005, 06:54 PM
Just got my Roush exhaust put on today. Just the sound I was looking for. I wanted somthing louder than the Magna or Borla but not as bold as the flowmasters. Roush Dual system (off road version) is the ticket. They have a forward exit setup too (in front of the wheels). Retails for $600 but got mine for $480 shipped. Did the install myself in the driveway. Takes about an hour, peice of cake. I can post pics an video if yall wan to see.

Old 07-28-2005, 07:04 PM
Videos are boring.

Kidding, Please post

Old 07-28-2005, 07:13 PM

Here's the vid, I'll get some better ones when the monsoon stops.

438kb
http://www.kingvinnie.com/f150/roush_exhaust.wmv

Last edited by KingVinnie; 07-28-2005 at 07:16 PM.
Old 07-28-2005, 07:51 PM
DAMN! that sounds C-L-E-A-N.

Reminds me of the sound of flow 40 at start up, but not as "poppy" uinder throttle, and doesn't make "backfire" sounds like my flows do when RPM's come back down.

Sounds like Roush is a serious option as well now.

Old 07-28-2005, 09:28 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Vinnie, we need a "drive by video"!!!!

Old 07-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Yeah, KingVinnie -- that Roush system sounds nice! Sounds like it's got a little more "bark" than my Magnaflow.

What kind of drone in the cab are you getting at highway speeds? Also, is the system all stainless steel?

Old 07-29-2005, 12:20 AM
Suspended
How'd you get it for that price and where?

Old 07-29-2005, 05:43 AM
Havent had it on the highway yet. I'll post a thread with more pics and vids this weekend.
All stainless. Got it from http://www.stage3motorsports.com/
Part number: R12000007

Quick Reply: MAGNAFLOW exhaust 2004 5.4L