2004 - 2008 F-150

Aftermarket Sun Roofs 04 Screw

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2005, 04:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aftermarket Sun Roofs 04 Screw

Hi everyone,

Does / Has anyone seen or done an aftermarket Sun Roof install. I was on Webasto's site this morning and it looks great....

Old 07-21-2005, 04:59 PM
I've looked into it. That's the best one as far as I can tell. Numerous dealers in my area recommended the same shop, and they use Wabasto Hollandia. I think that is quality, and used on many OEM applications. The main isue is the installation. You need someone who is good on the the install. Check with truck dealers in your area for recommendations. I have held off as iIam still abit leery of an aftermarket power roof install. But they do them all the time. And yuo'll probaly have people chime in and say get it when you bu teh car from the factory etc. Dealerships don't do them; they are done at teh assembly plant. That's great of course, but I bought mine for a heck of a dela with 5,000 miles nd everything I wanted but a roof. If you get one please e-mail me with teh results, as it is on my to do list.

Old 07-21-2005, 07:00 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'd say find a truck with the factory sunroof installed. Here's why. I don't see the sense in cutting a hole in a perfectly good roof in the first place; but if you have to do it, I'd get it done by the factory, so if/when it breaks, service literature and parts are readily available. That might not be the case with aftermarket deals.

Old 07-21-2005, 10:51 PM
I had a pop up sun roof in my 2000 ranger and loved it, very professionally installed. after reading these posts I call the local installer(s) for webasto, and they quoted 1095 for the large moonroof with the kit to cut the rails in two and keep your storage. Seeing as the moonroof from Ford is 995, looks like a good deal. I was half joking with my wife today that we should trade in our truck because the deals are so good now, only to get a moonroof. the one thing we dont have that I want.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:43 AM
There are after market moon roofs that when installed look factor inside and out. A place called moon lighting by me does them all the time and fit and finish is exellent. price is $1400-1600 installed i had my truck looked at 2 days ago.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by eoreilly
I had a pop up sun roof in my 2000 ranger and loved it, very professionally installed. after reading these posts I call the local installer(s) for webasto, and they quoted 1095 for the large moonroof with the kit to cut the rails in two and keep your storage. Seeing as the moonroof from Ford is 995, looks like a good deal. I was half joking with my wife today that we should trade in our truck because the deals are so good now, only to get a moonroof. the one thing we dont have that I want.

Can you explain more about the kit to keep your storage? Have you seen one? I was wondering if it looks silly. I have been thinking about a sunroof for awhile now. I am very leary about cutting my truck though. Do the aftermarket roofs come with any warranty? Thanks.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Go to the Wabasto north american site and they have pictures of it.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:08 AM
Found them.
Doesn't look bad at all. Very interesting.

Old 07-22-2005, 10:43 AM
im going to get one down the road.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Sun Roofs 04 Screw