2004 - 2008 F-150

wouldn't it be cool if...

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2005, 07:41 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sspangl
yea and i can also call AAA whenver i need to start my truck

there's no need to be an A$$. I just think Ford half a$$es some of their options. Thats why half the posts here are from lariat owners whining about something on their "$35,000 truck"

I have an masters in engineering - i know how to work the lights. Hence why i said "wouldn't it be cool if..." I was hoping someone would have a clever way to rig this.
1. What’s wrong with calling AAA when you need a start? That’s what they’re for

2. You need to be winning about the options on your XLT not a Lariat

3. You’re the engineer, you should be telling us how to jury-rig the lights; C'mon get on the ball

Old 07-15-2005, 08:40 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
that is a pretty good idea. In CT its state law that headlights must be on when wipers are on. Also... its much easier to see the idiots on the road then there headlights are on in a rain storm. This would also benefit not leaving your lights on and running the battery dead on a rainy day. Have it on some type of timer or something so if you just are cleaning your windshield on a sunny day the lights dont come on, but if you wipers are on for more then a min then the headlights come on.

Old 07-15-2005, 08:46 AM
I have an masters in engineering...
Well la te freaking da! I don't understand people that have to brag on the internet. Who are you trying to impress?

Old 07-15-2005, 09:10 AM
Originally Posted by RED WING NUT
Well la te freaking da! I don't understand people that have to brag on the internet. Who are you trying to impress?
I’m impressed; but I’m easily amused too

Old 07-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
1. What’s wrong with calling AAA when you need a start? That’s what they’re for

2. You need to be winning about the options on your XLT not a Lariat

3. You’re the engineer, you should be telling us how to jury-rig the lights; C'mon get on the ball
1. Apparently unlike you I have better things to do with my time than wait on AAA.

2. Check out the specs on my truck - its a TRUCK not a luxury vehicle. I have a BMW if i want to ride in "luxury" (the seats are all leather, including the back. Not just two 16"x16" panels on the front seat) People who "brag" about owning a lariat = low self-esteem.

3. There are many different forms of engineering. I happen to be mechanical which couldn't be any more different than electrical - which is what is needed to do this.

Originally Posted by RED WING NUT
Absolutly no one - just trying to state that im neither lazy, incompetent or stupid.

Its amazing how a few of you take others ideas and flame them just cause you dont like them or wouldn't use it. Hope you feel better about yourself now.

Last edited by sspangl; 07-15-2005 at 09:51 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 09:59 AM
A viper alarm (I'm sure others do as well) will turn the lights on when you turn on the wipers but not the other way around.

It would be an ok option if you could turn it off.

I have a Lariat and love my features but if I asked for an additional one it doesn't mean people are whining.

You said people who brag about owning Lariats have low self esteem, what about BMW owners bragging about leather seat composition?

Oh and it is "A master's degree" not "An masters degree"

Relax I think everyone was just goofing around with ya.

Old 07-15-2005, 10:18 AM
Originally Posted by vader716
...Oh and it is "A master's degree" not "An masters degree"

Relax I think everyone was just goofing around with ya.

You can expect us engineers to be grammar experts...then we would be perfect...and I know ya'll would not like that

Old 07-15-2005, 10:26 AM
Originally Posted by wstahlm80
You can expect us engineers to be grammar experts...then we would be perfect...and I know ya'll would not like that

Would that be "you can expect" or "You can't expect"

Old 07-15-2005, 10:35 AM
(Snip
I have a BMW
Well I guess that changes everything huh

Old 07-15-2005, 11:11 AM
Originally Posted by vader716
Would that be "you can expect" or "You can't expect"

My point exactly

Old 07-15-2005, 11:38 AM
yea and i can also call AAA whenver i need to start my truck.

there's no need to be an A$$. I just think Ford half a$$es some of their options. Thats why half the posts here are from lariat owners whining about something on their "$35,000 truck"

I have an masters in engineering - i know how to work the lights. Hence why i said "wouldn't it be cool if..." I was hoping someone would have a clever way to rig this.
Relax Dude.....everything is okay......Wuuuuusaaaaa!

"A clever way to rig it", and you have a Masters in engineering

Old 07-15-2005, 12:27 PM
Originally Posted by Thayer
That might sound good in theory but I bet a lot of folks wouldn't like it if their headlights came on everytime the windshield wipers were turned on. I like being able to control them separately.
Many hunters don't like to have their lights turned on when heading down the path towards their deer stand or towards whatever they are hunting, but it may be raining and they might like to turn their wipers on.

I agree with the majority of people on here that it is not that hard to turn the lights on just after you turn the wipers on.

Old 07-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Ford does sell a kit to have the lights on all of the time. If you do not wish to use the switch, go with the drl kit. You may need to wire the rear lights however as the kit may only do the headlights.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:04 PM
Originally Posted by lrhogfan
Many hunters don't like to have their lights turned on when heading down the path towards their deer stand or towards whatever they are hunting, but it may be raining and they might like to turn their wipers on.
As a fellow hunter i can agree with you. Thats why it would work with the auto light feature only. ie - switch is set to "auto" and when you turn on your wipers the lights come on even if the light conditions outside dont warrant it.

In your example the lights would be off so you could turn on your wipers and there wouldnt be any problem.

Old 07-15-2005, 01:23 PM
As a fellow hunter i can agree with you. Thats why it would work with the auto light feature only. ie - switch is set to "auto" and when you turn on your wipers the lights come on even if the light conditions outside dont warrant it.

In your example the lights would be off so you could turn on your wipers and there wouldnt be any problem.
Then I can agree that it would be a nice feature.

Quick Reply: wouldn't it be cool if...