2004 - 2008 F-150

Where is the power I heard about??

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2005, 12:03 PM
BND
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by suncoast ford
I really think that the no haggle, the price is the price type buying is the wave of the future. Nobody pays any mark up anyway.
Customers like it, and so do I.
Don't fool yourself, It's still a business and a business isn't a business if it doesn't turn a profit. That is called a charity. Everyone is paying a markup, the diff. is no one person will pay more or less than the next, and that is good business.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:49 PM
the 04-05 f-150 is not a power house and it likes to guzzual gas...When you test drive your new truck you can figure this out for your self...ride and comfort, refignmemt is where ford upgraded over the last generation, power and economy Ford ignored...the 5.4 3v takes some time to break in....and has lot's of potential to be waken up...my truck is not a race car, it's a work truck and meet's basic power needs for towing and hauling...my truck can cruse with any thing on a public freeway....if you want to have the fastaast truck on the road...it's not going to be a factery ford unless the lighting comes back.

Old 07-09-2005, 01:33 PM
BND
The ability to smoke the tires and/or snap your head back from a stop does not necessarily indicate a power house. We own trucks, not dragsters, the lightning will be back soon btw. What constitutes a powerful truck is having the ability to get the power to the ground in a useful manner. That is what these trucks do a great job of.

Old 07-09-2005, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by efexfour
It's a truck, I would have bought an Infinity G35 if I wanted speed. I wanted carrying power and room for plywood, plants, dirt, sand, mulch and every other thing I need to keep my house in order. For this purpose, it is way overqualified!
Yup, when I want to go fast, I drive my wife's G35 Coupe with the 6 speed manual tranny. Then I get in my truck and head to Home Depot to load up. Best of both worlds!

Old 07-09-2005, 03:54 PM
Yup, I thought the exact same thing when I got my truck. I purchased a superchips tuner and all is better. I still cannot spin the tires, I think only 4x2's can spin tires and it does depend on the tire. The tuner made a huge difference on bottom end power.

Old 07-09-2005, 05:08 PM
Put a big load behind that ford and you will find the power,

04 f150 5.4
flowmaster series 50 si/so
ramair hood w/ airbox
KN filter
Ihot rod grafics
ttt mirrors
04 dutchman 25' fifth wheel

Old 07-09-2005, 10:51 PM
Thanks guys, that makes me feel better knowing the power is there and can be unleashed with time and a few accesories. Dont get me wrong Im not expecting a race car. I have a 510 hp Vette w/ nitrous for that. I just knew it should have more power than it does. I finaly had a full day to drive my truck today, and love it! I went and had the front windows tinted 20% to match the rears, and had a viper alarm w/remote start, paging ect installed. Then had a little time to do some waxing on it when I got it home. Black looks great when its clean, but man is it alot of work keeping it that way.

Old 07-10-2005, 12:23 AM
I didnt think the 04 FX4 didnt have the power of the 99 150 I had then I noticed it shifted and rode so much smother you didnt feel the power the same, then the first time I went fishing and hooked up my 20ft. Ranger I was really impressed it will pull circles around the 99 I had.

Old 07-10-2005, 01:39 AM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I've only got a shade over 200 miles on my '05 standard cab with the 5.4 engine, but I have to say I am amazed at how quickly (and smoothly) I can get it up to 65 mph and not even realize it. While it doesn't exactly snap your head off the line, it transfers the power so smoothly and effectively you don't really "get" how quickly you are coming up to speed!

Although I have to agree -- the shift points programmed in at the factory are frustrating! You almost want to say, "Don't shift there -- let it wind out just a little bit more!"

Quick Reply: Where is the power I heard about??