2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 F-150 already in the shop.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2005, 12:10 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Actually, I usually have a better dealer experience with my F150 than I do my BMW.

Even if my truck has to stay for a few days, they give me an F150 if available. But a Focus isn't bad when I want something easy to drive and save gas.

For the Bimmer, I have to schedule a month ahead of time and they will give you a Camry at best. They will only give you an X3 loaner if you drive an $80K 7-series or bitch for a long time.

My Dad owns a Lexus, and everything you heard about them is true. Those guys will jump over hoops to make you happy, and I think I will be replacing my Bimmer for a new IS350 or GS in the future.

Old 06-23-2005, 12:17 AM
Originally Posted by PiggNFord
I heard that Chevrolets NEVER have ANY mechanical problems, sounds like you bought the wrong brand of truck.

you gotta be kidding........chevy?....please.....

My dealer always gives me a loaner whenever I have had my truck in for unscheduled repairs. XLT minimum.

It gives me a chance to tell where the rev limiter is!

Old 06-23-2005, 01:19 AM
Originally Posted by gpaje
My Dad owns a Lexus, and everything you heard about them is true. Those guys will jump over hoops to make you happy, and I think I will be replacing my Bimmer for a new IS350 or GS in the future.
I can vouch on the lexus thing, i am service appointment cooridinator and we do jump through hoops

the new gs430 and rx400h (hybrid) is sick along with pretty much everyone with the in dash screen has navi and reverse cam

Old 06-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question asinatra... Working for Lexus, do they care you drive a Ford to work, like that Chrysler plant in Kentucky??

Old 06-26-2005, 04:04 AM
I can vouch on the lexus thing, i am service appointment cooridinator and we do jump through hoops
For $47,000 Base sticker price, You better jump through a freaking ring of fire!

I think comparing service of Hi-end luxery auto dealers to the service of your local Ford dealer is a bit unfair.

I mean seriously????
you could just buy a benz or bmw and never have to worry about paying for service on your vehicle ever again and they supply you with a car
For the extra $20,000 it will cost me I think I would be far better off just taking care of the service my self. Im sure If you give your Ford dealer that extra money he will probably kiss your butt too.

Besides, The biggest SUV Lexus has only pulls 6500 pounds with 290 HP.

LMAO, The LX SUV has a base sticker price of $68,000 and only 275 HP.

They dont even have a pick-up??? What am I suppose to haul with an SUV??? Groceries? Some people own trucks, Because they actually need a truck.

I will buy a LEXUS, as soon as I decide "throwing my money at Over-priced imports just to get my butt kissed when I get my oil changed." Is more important then my house, retirement, ect....

Old 06-26-2005, 08:41 AM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
We had a trade in IS300 a while ago, sporty little car. Straight six, sport-shift automatic, neat car. I think I could suffer with one of those.

Old 06-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Originally Posted by Podunk
For $47,000 Base sticker price, You better jump through a freaking ring of fire!

I think comparing service of Hi-end luxery auto dealers to the service of your local Ford dealer is a bit unfair.

I mean seriously????

For the extra $20,000 it will cost me I think I would be far better off just taking care of the service my self. Im sure If you give your Ford dealer that extra money he will probably kiss your butt too.

Besides, The biggest SUV Lexus has only pulls 6500 pounds with 290 HP.

LMAO, The LX SUV has a base sticker price of $68,000 and only 275 HP.

They dont even have a pick-up??? What am I suppose to haul with an SUV??? Groceries? Some people own trucks, Because they actually need a truck.

I will buy a LEXUS, as soon as I decide "throwing my money at Over-priced imports just to get my butt kissed when I get my oil changed." Is more important then my house, retirement, ect....

When I mentioned my Dad has a Lexus, what he bought was a used 2001 Lexus ES300 w/ 53,000 miles and for $14,500 (from a Honda dealership) and the Lexus dealer still treats him like he bought a new $60,000 car!!! Now that is what I call customer service.

BTW - His Lexus dealer oil changes are $24 bucks.

Last edited by gpaje; 06-26-2005 at 01:53 PM.
Old 06-27-2005, 02:15 AM
Unfortunatly...its why Toyota/Lexus is riding the Big Threes butts in sales. Service is one of the biggest reasons for return customers. You could sell me a truck for 3$ but if you treated me like crap after....I wouldnt recommend nor come back and bad talk you to everyone I knew.

Old 06-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've been reading this thread and it wasn't until someone mentioned toyota that I recalled the experiences I have had with them.

Everytime I've taken my previous truck into the dealership (except once) has it been a constant annoyance. When you drop your vehicle off at the dealers around here you pull up into a loud garage and have to go into a small 'shack' to drop the keys off. I have yet to get a loaner from any dealership even the one I bought the truck at. The one dealership I had to take my truck to in another city I pulled up to one building with "SERVICE" written across it. A lady comes out and is like, "You getting your truck services?... ohh... well, you have to drive to 'Truck Service' for that" Yeah... thanks for putting signs up. They also seem to be totally unable to fix anything unless it comes up on their computer diagnostic equipment.

Now, I've had to take the Hylander in for service twice and it's a great experience and you can even drop the vehicle off at this dealership all the way until midnight. The time I did it during the day you pull up, a guy comes out and gets the keys from you and directs you inside to a nice waiting area. A person in there will get your info and plug it into a computer and ask if you need to be driven anywhere.

Dealerships don't make much money from selling new cars. It's like 80% of their profit comes from Parts and Service.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:04 PM
My dealer asked me if it was ok if he gave me this while mine was in the shop, I had it for 2 days.

Old 06-29-2005, 04:38 PM
Originally Posted by suncoast ford
A funny buzz word people use a lot on these forums is "stealership". From where I sit, its the customer doing all the stealing.
Again, nothing personal to anybody, just my opinion from where I sit.
Nobody goes to the butcher shop and tells the butcher they want 25% discount off the price, or your labor rate, or whatever it is.

to use the butcher example, for 30 years the 3 butchers in town only sold beef. Even when we wanted chicken, pork or mutton. The butcher told us thqat they only sold beef because thats all anyone wanted. Mind you, they sold all kinds of beef. They even offered beef from different farms (same cows and cuts of meat but the name on the package was different) \

Then they started getting really lazy. The beef had increasing amounts of fat on it, but yet we had to pay the same per pound. Then they started selling us really old, tough meat from old diseasedx cows. Some people even got rancid meat. On top of all this when you went in to complain about the bad meat, they treated you like it was your fault.

Next thing you know, a butcher shop opens up across town. They offer beef too. But its fresh, has no fat, is pretty tender and at the same price. But they also sell chicken, pork etc. They also deliver. They treat you with a smile. Your beef has a bit of fat on it. "No problem sir. We'll fiz that right away"

Soon, one of the old style butchers got bought up by a Bratwurst stuffer from another town. The 2 remaining butchers are currently fighting bankruptcy protection. We won't even get into their problems with the unionized cashiers and bag-boys.

Old 06-29-2005, 06:28 PM
Sometimes I come over and check out what you 04-05 F-150 guys are doing with your trucks, this thread caught me funny because of what happened when I first bought my Cobra. I bought it brand new in Jan' of 97, the day I bought it I ended up driving it straight home because it was starting to snow(good time to trade a 4x4 Z-71 on a Cobra Hhhmm). It had a grand total of 2 miles on it when they pulled it off the showroom floor, When I got home with it I was at 18 miles (give or take a mile or so). The next day I went to start it up and just drool over my new Cobra, I couldn't go anywhere in it because of the snow. So I get in and start my NEW Cobra, with Very FEW miles on it I remind you. About 30 seconds after I started it I hear a huge WHAM-BAM-BBOOOMMM!!! I cut it off and jumped ouy to see what in the world was wrong, I looked down on the garage floor and antifreeze was running every!! It seems the fan came off and flew threw the radiator right there setting in my garage with around 18 miles on it. So the deler sent a roll back to my house to take it back, the guy says,"it's a good thing it was just idling and you not driving it would have been a lot worse. And after I bought my top of the line SVT vehicle what do they give me to drive? A RED ASPIRE!! After seeing that car my @ZZ WAS ON FIRE MAD!!(@zzfire) But what can you do? Complain, but that usually gets you no where FAST!! I think when they need to give you something to drive it should be equel in value to you vehicle. But that will NEVER HAPPEN!!!

Quick Reply: 2005 F-150 already in the shop.......