2004 - 2008 F-150

2005 F-150 already in the shop.......

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 04:46 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When my aunt buys Lexus

When my aunt buys Lexus cars, she always buys USED. When she has to service her USED vehicles, the dealership has someone drive a comparable loaner out to her house, trade her for her own vehicle, take it in for service, then drive back to her house to change vehicles again when it's done. And keep in mind, She buys 1-3 year old USED vehicles probably for thousands less than what they cost new and for a comparable amount to what the new F150 costs and this is how she gets treated. So alot of the import nameplates are good to you even if you don't buy the most expensive thing on the lot.

Indeed, the domestic name plates seem to have alot to learn about what real service means. You guys have to argue back and fourth with a domestic dealer about whether there's even something really wrong with your trucks truck while someone can pay 33K for a used Lexus and get treated like royalty.

Last edited by eharri3; 06-22-2005 at 04:53 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Blah Blah Blah

Old 06-22-2005, 04:53 PM
Yeah - I miss that about my Lincoln LS and the "Preimum Warranty" treatment.....I always got a loaner LS - clean and they were very happy to provide me a loaner - it is actually part of the Lincoln warranty program......now, on the other hand, my local Ford dealer - asked me "did you buy the car here" - if not - no loaner!

Old 06-22-2005, 04:55 PM
Originally Posted by tball
Blah Blah Blah

LOL....must be a slow day on the forum!!!

Old 06-22-2005, 07:01 PM
Originally Posted by Krohbar
Loaner??? That's funny. I took my 05' FX4 in today, asked for a courtesy vehicle... He's like, the van is out currently taking other customers... It seems you drop 38k on a Ford, they hang you out to dry. You get a Lexus or Volvo, or some other higher dollar vehicle, you get basically what you brought in for service.
I am sure you didnt pay sticker for the truck right? 38k? But I bet you pay sticker for your Lexus. These trucks sell all day at or below invoice, and people bitch about the money they spend, and expect the world. Your salesman probably made a hundred bucks on your deal. Nothing is free. People try to mooch free things from Ford constantly. Well, I hate to tell everybody this, but Ford is not making any money from new vehicles.
If everybody paid sticker, I am sure you would get a like vehicle as a loaner.
Sorry to vent, nothing personal, but we are in real trouble. Another 2,700 white collar workers being let go, in addition to the recent cuts. Where will those white collar workers go? Their skill sets are of the automotive industry. Think they might go to work for Jap companys that don't blow everything out for invoice, and pay customers four grand in incentives on top of that just so they will take the thing? How can a company make money, and offer the customer service people want when business and market conditions are as such? A funny buzz word people use a lot on these forums is "stealership". From where I sit, its the customer doing all the stealing.
Again, nothing personal to anybody, just my opinion from where I sit.
Nobody goes to the butcher shop and tells the butcher they want 25% discount off the price, or your labor rate, or whatever it is. I am sure when you work, you don't work for free, but people expect car salespeople to work for free all the time. (At least Ford customers do).

Old 06-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Actually Suncoast, I would tend to side with you. Being a Ford stockholder, I am watching it decline steadily. Not to derail this post, but I would like to add to this---I have an F250 that I am leasing, in addition to the numerous company vehicles I own (including 2 King Ranch F150's). Well, the lease was up on the 250, and after getting a two month extension, I have decided to buy it. Well, there has been a "faux pa" at the credit department, and to make a long story short, there is one nasty women (Donna) there that seems to think I am trying to steal the truck. I have spoke to numerous others (Fred, Margarita, Lisa and a supervisor, Mrs. Cindy) and they have all been exceptionally helpful--unfortunately the left hand has lost track of the right and there were a couple of hiccups. Donna called this evening and we exchanged a few words to say the least--apparently no one informed her of the situation. Well, I asked to speak to HER supervisor (who is not Mrs. Cindy) and see told me no--several times. After telling her I would never buy another Ford if she did not let me speak to a supervisor she told me--"do what you want--that is your choice". WTF!!??!! I was really pissed at this point--a Ford employee telling me to go elsewhere!?! Then she proceeded to HANG UP on me!! Now I am fuming. I called back and spoke to Mrs. Cindy--and let her know the situation--she was upset to say the least. It would surely take more than this to sway me from Ford, but Donna's **** poor attitude really sucks in a market that is struggling now. As a stockholder (although small) it pisses me off too--where has the loyalty gone? One bad apple in this case does not spoil the bushell though. Of all of my dealing's with Ford in the past 15 years, this is the first that has been really bad. So stuff happens. But in summary, I can see where you are coming from. Like I said--I was glad I got any loaner--and Ford of Ocala actually has a bunch of these Focus's (Foci? LOL) that they do loan out. I did not even buy my truck there, so more hat's off to their service. Anyway, now that I have completely gone off track....sorry for the LOOOONG story.

PS....I have bought a couple of E-150's from Ford of Ocala. Would have bought the trucks there, but they did not have any at the time. I would rather try to keep my business with the local dealer--they do treat me right, and even if they were a few hundred dollars or so more, it is nice to keep business local....

Last edited by rhyno1; 06-22-2005 at 07:56 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 08:26 PM
Originally Posted by eharri3
When my aunt buys Lexus cars, she always buys USED. When she has to service her USED vehicles, the dealership has someone drive a comparable loaner out to her house, trade her for her own vehicle, take it in for service, then drive back to her house to change vehicles again when it's done. And keep in mind, She buys 1-3 year old USED vehicles probably for thousands less than what they cost new and for a comparable amount to what the new F150 costs and this is how she gets treated. So alot of the import nameplates are good to you even if you don't buy the most expensive thing on the lot.

Indeed, the domestic name plates seem to have alot to learn about what real service means. You guys have to argue back and fourth with a domestic dealer about whether there's even something really wrong with your trucks truck while someone can pay 33K for a used Lexus and get treated like royalty.
Used cars have a lot more mark up than a new one does. I am sure they made at least four grand on your Aunt, maybe three.

Old 06-22-2005, 08:41 PM
Technical Article Contributor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Loaner vehicles are strictly up to the discretion of the dealership, not the manufacturer. The only Ford vehicle owners that are almost guaranteed a loaner are SVT owners and Lincoln customers, and even then that's kinda dicey based on vehicle availability and just how good a customer you are to that dealership.

Loaner vehicles are also usually a very expensive option for dealerships, in terms of maintenance and insuring. Loaner vehicles are usually stock units that are pulled off the sales lot, so they're putting you in a vehicle that sales isn't making any money off of, and when that vehicle reaches a certain mileage, it usually goes to wholesale where what they get for the car is substantially lower than what they would have gotten selling it when it was new or almost new. At one time, our yearly insurance premium for the loaner vehicles at the stealership I work at was like $26,000, since they've all been wrecked or smashed up at one time or another.

So, they don't make sales money, they cost the DP money, they cost the parts department money in regards to maintenance and repair items, since the parts are sold at or near cost internally compared to an over the counter or normal shop sale, the only real benefit to a dealer that a loaner vehicle has is that it may (emphasis on may) make you a return customer later, since the dealer went out of their way to provide you with something to drive while your vehicle is in for service. Sucks, I know, but sometimes that's just the way the ball bounces.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:02 PM
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
My truck has been in for service more times than i can count. If they need it longer than an hour they supply me with a brand new vehicle to "test drive" till they are done with mine. I have bought my last 5 vehicles from the same dealer and take them into that same dealer for service, and they treat me pretty damn good. As well nothing they have on the lot is better than my ride so they are more than happy to have mine sitting at their dealership as it gets them extra business. (mental note, maybe thats why my truck is in for service so much!)
A note to anyone looking to buy a new vehicle, make sure they now about your desire for replacement vehicles before you purchase, not after. Due to insurance alot of dealers stopped loaning cars out as their premiums are outrageous. Even when i borrow a vehicle i am on the hook for $1000 deductable in case of an accident.
Hope this helps
Trev

Old 06-22-2005, 10:07 PM
Transmission went out in my '04 FX4 SC, Ford replaced it with a new transmission. That was in addition to many other problems I have had...

Old 06-22-2005, 10:08 PM
Originally Posted by PiggNFord
I heard that Chevrolets NEVER have ANY mechanical problems, sounds like you bought the wrong brand of truck.
Next year's model doesn't even come with an opening hood. It never needs work, so why bother?

Old 06-22-2005, 10:19 PM
you could just buy a benz or bmw and never have to worry about paying for service on your vehicle ever again and they supply you with a car

ford makes their **** break so the dealership can make more money

Old 06-22-2005, 10:35 PM
Hi asinatra. I would tend to agree with you, but check out my above post (on page 1) regarding my wife's M3. However, in the end we DID get an X3 to use..but BMW customer service (main #) did tell us it was up to the dealer as far as what kind of loaner they give you---but, as you said, you DO get a loaner at least.

Last edited by rhyno1; 06-22-2005 at 10:37 PM.
Old 06-22-2005, 10:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't think anyone here paid 'sticker' for their vehicle. If you ask me, dealerships as a whole (the entire industry) have created this gotta go in, wring the dealership out for all they've got mentality over decades of 'what will it take to get you into this vehicle today?" B.S. There is a definate difference in the level of service between import (luxury, can't speak for hondas and the like), and a few people have said it about Lexus. I know that if I bought a Lexus, and something were to have gone wrong, that they would come get my vehicle, and get it taken care of at a minimum of my inconvenience. That being said, there is a small spot on my door that in a certain like LOOKS like the paint didn't get full coverage. None of the body guys could see it, but, the service manager told me, if you want, we will repaint your door for you. That impresssed me tons. So, even if they aren't giving out loaners, they will give you a ride to where you need to be, and, are serious about the customers concerns. So, this is where their service department earns my kudos today. They got me in, fixed what needed to be, and offered to take care of the other just to ease my mind. That's at Woodhouse in Omaha if anyone cares.

Old 06-22-2005, 10:51 PM
dont worry... I had my truck for a total of one week before it was back in the shop for a 3 week period.... they had to replace the engine due to something letting go in the bottom end-

Quick Reply: 2005 F-150 already in the shop.......