2004 - 2008 F-150

Ford Credit Question...

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I financed my 2005 Scab at 5.9% with Ford to obtain a $3k rebate. When the first payment coupon arrived I called my credit union and refi'd at 4.25%.

Ford even sent me a nice letter thanking me for payinf off my loan!

YMMV

Cheers,

Phil

Old 06-16-2005, 02:46 PM
Suspended
I also kept mine through ford for 3 mths at 7.8% and then refinanced through a credit union at 4.5%. I guess I got lied to because the dealership told me I had to wait 3 mths before refinancing, and I did. Sucks, but when I went to the credit union to refinance they told me the amount was for $200 more than what I planned on it being, because ford had charged me the interest on the loan up front, that's where they get you......I guess unless you know a way around it. There's someone taking money from you around every corner, buying a vehicle and getting loans are 2 of the dirtiest things in the business world to do. I caught every salesperson I talked to at probably 10+ dealerships in TN lying to me when I had paperwork in front of me showing what they had in the truck. They take us to be idiots, and I don't like to give them a reason. Its their loss if we don't buy, and from what I can tell ford and GM are struggling right now.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:11 PM
My dealer was really good.....gave me what Ford was giving and a better finance rate through another bank, 4.25%. Went to 4 other dealers..... no one came close.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:26 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yeah im in the progress of switching loans to get a cheaper interest rate. Funny thing is...the salesman told me 6.9% for 72 months...well the finance guy told me 8.9% as well and i told him he can keep the truck. I got 6.9 but he was trying to fock me over the interest rate hoping i wouldnt catch it. Come to find out he was fired with in a couple of days from doing this to other customers. He gets a commission of the interest rate i guess. They told me i can pay it off with in the first hour if i want to.

Ford has that nice little rebate for us to all go after but yet they all ready have the price of the vehicle worked out to where either way, rebate or not, it will be the same money.

Quick Reply: Ford Credit Question...