2004 - 2008 F-150

Super Swamper IROKS

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 12:09 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Super Swamper IROKS

I used the search and found a couple of threads where people had the IROKS but they were old so I want to know if anyone else is running these and how are they holding up? I know they are noisy but most mud tires are. There not really expensive like the other tires I'm lookin at either. ON one site they were like 200 a peice which isnt bad. My search for the right tires continues . I just cant decide. I'm leaning towards these if I can get any positive feedback about them.

Old 06-12-2005, 08:46 AM
Its good tires for off roading but not for on road cuz it has soft rubber- quick wear.

YOMAN!

Old 06-12-2005, 09:22 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I agree!

Old 06-12-2005, 12:05 PM
how quick are we talking here? I'll prolly get tires every 8 to 12 months. Usually by then most tires are worn out driving on gravel roads and mudding a little and going through mud alot during deer season. Will nails stick through them easy?

Old 06-12-2005, 12:54 PM
How quick, i m not sure but i guess at least 15-20K (maybe more) for daily driver.

Nail, yeah since its soft rubber but dont know about the side wall.

Why not get Goodyear MTR, i had it on my jeep, 35" and was my daily driver and rock crawling and love it!!

ONce my tires worn out or i have money i ll buy me goodyear MTR.

It has a resist punction.

Maybe check out BFG MT KM too ?? Its very good tires and has a better than Iroks.

YOMAN!

Old 06-12-2005, 01:10 PM
iroks are savage...the tred is way too extreme offroading for me

Old 06-12-2005, 03:05 PM
Originally Posted by YOMAN
How quick, i m not sure but i guess at least 15-20K (maybe more) for daily driver.

Nail, yeah since its soft rubber but dont know about the side wall.

Why not get Goodyear MTR, i had it on my jeep, 35" and was my daily driver and rock crawling and love it!!

ONce my tires worn out or i have money i ll buy me goodyear MTR.

It has a resist punction.

Maybe check out BFG MT KM too ?? Its very good tires and has a better than Iroks.

YOMAN!
They dont make the goodyears for an 18 inch rim and I'll have to get 35's if I get the BFG's.

Old 06-12-2005, 04:15 PM
The IROKS have a heavy-duty setup...they are quite resistant to punctures/tears/rips/sidewall damage...it also makes them extremely heavy. It was said best that they are "savage." Pretty much the entire Super Swamper line is known for being hardcore off-road tires first, and nothing second. Most guys with these tires say it's the closest thing you can buy to having "square tires" due to flat spotting when cold, though it's a bit better in a radial. Any tire with lugs the size of your fist means your smooth ride goes out the window, replaced with a steering wheel that feels like it's hooked to a paint mixer. I wouldn't put IROKS on anything that's a daily driver...they're for foot-deep-gumbo-mud, not a commute.

The 18" rim is a problem...probably why most people on here go for the Nittos...most common in that size, I guess.
The IROK radial 33 is also 13.5 inches wide...might make for clearance issues over a more common 12.5 inch wide tire.

Severe-duty mud tires wear a LOT faster (I think if you get 15K from a set, you're doing good), build up a lot more heat, are loud, don't handle well on-road, and are a pain in the lugnuts, but if you want the look and off-road performance...and the ability to throw baseball-sized mud clods (and rocks...which will hit your fenders), then it might be your only choice.

Old 06-12-2005, 04:40 PM
ahhhh 18" rims..yeah thats really sucks...

I have 18" FX4...i kind of hate too big rim and small rubber.

I am saving some $$ for downgrade to rim 17" and 305/70/17 goodyear MTR or 295/70/17 Nitto for my FX4 Screw.

Later,
YOMAN!

Quick Reply: Super Swamper IROKS