Mark LT Handles DSG Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 08:00 PM
Suspended
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get the handles and just open her door.

Old 06-27-2005, 09:42 PM
I know Thumper I know......I open the door for her all the time, but it also happens when she closes it! This woman never had her x-husband or any boyfriends who were into their vehicles! She laughs...boys and there toys! Though she admits she likes how it looks so far.....

Old 06-27-2005, 10:27 PM
Originally Posted by str8ace
I think he means for those whom did not get the keypad as a dealer option. Like on my XLT, my truck didn't come with the keypad but the wiring is in the door. With these LT handles, they come with the keypad so you can just hook it up, and have the dealer program/activate it before it will work.

So, if you have the keypad from the factory, it will work fine?

Old 06-28-2005, 10:43 AM
Do they have them in Aspen Green?

Old 06-28-2005, 11:46 AM
Suspended
Originally Posted by mkinttrim
Do they have them in Aspen Green?
They only come in the colors of the Lincoln Mark LT.

However you could buy these, sand them a little, and paint them to match.

Old 06-28-2005, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by countyboy04
So, if you have the keypad from the factory, it will work fine?
From the various post on this site, it looks like it. My truck did not come with the keypad as a standard so maybe someone with this mod whom purchased a truck with the keypad as a standard can chime in.

Old 06-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Yes, if you have the factory keypad and you upgrade to the Mark LT handle the new handle has the keypad and plugs right in.

No need to reprogram anything, just swap the handle, plug it in and go.

FYI.. If you do this I suggest you save the drivers door for last. Is is the hardest and you can practive up on the others.

I did my Supercrew and the first read door took 45 minutes (with dynamat install) second rear door took 40 minutes. Front passenger took 35 minutes and drivers door took 1.5 hours !!

Tough items on the drivers door are unhooking connector rod for the key lock mechanism and getting the two anchors on the original wire harness from key pad off.

I'll type up my instructions and post later.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:13 PM
Originally Posted by dlewis1340
Yes, if you have the factory keypad and you upgrade to the Mark LT handle the new handle has the keypad and plugs right in.

No need to reprogram anything, just swap the handle, plug it in and go.

FYI.. If you do this I suggest you save the drivers door for last. Is is the hardest and you can practive up on the others.

I did my Supercrew and the first read door took 45 minutes (with dynamat install) second rear door took 40 minutes. Front passenger took 35 minutes and drivers door took 1.5 hours !!

Tough items on the drivers door are unhooking connector rod for the key lock mechanism and getting the two anchors on the original wire harness from key pad off.

I'll type up my instructions and post later.
Hey DLewis1340 - since you already had the keypad, can you point out to me where the wire harness clips into the body? Mine previously didn't come with the keypad and i can't figure out where it clips into. if you have any pics...that would be imensely helpful. for the moment, i just have the harness tucked in the side but i can here it hitting my power windows every time i put it up and down. thanks - i would appreciate any help.

Old 06-30-2005, 02:30 PM
The facrory connector for the keypad (bright Blue) is located near the latch assembly inside the door and to the rear of the track for the power wndow slider.

It is a fairly large connector (about the size of a nickel in diameter) and is anchored onto the door latch assembly and the open end of the connector points upward.

Mine is all closed up now, sorry I did not take some pictures.

Hope that helps.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:44 PM
The facrory connector for the keypad (bright Blue) is located near the latch assembly inside the door and to the rear of the track for the power wndow slider.

It is a fairly large connector (about the size of a nickel in diameter) and is anchored onto the door latch assembly and the open end of the connector points upward.

Mine is all closed up now, sorry I did not take some pictures.

Hope that helps.
thanks - let me clarify though... i know where the connector is and have connected the end of that to the factory harness. What i need help with is the kinda "L" shape gromet that houses the wires from the keypad to that connector. It has 2 tab-like clip...one on the bottom of that "L" shape part and the other towards the top. Where does that clip into on the body of the truck? On the outer wall, inner wall or the back wall? Hope that makes more sense. thanks again.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:59 PM
On my "L" shaped cable/plastic protector assembly there were two "anchor studs" the kind of plastic studs with fins on them that grab into holes.

One hole is below the door handle hole on the outside doorskin the other is in the latch assembly inside the door. One you get the top stud in the bottom one lines itself up prett well

Hope this helps.

Old 06-30-2005, 04:10 PM
On my "L" shaped cable/plastic protector assembly there were two "anchor studs" the kind of plastic studs with fins on them that grab into holes.

One hole is below the door handle hole on the outside doorskin the other is in the latch assembly inside the door. One you get the top stud in the bottom one lines itself up prett well

Hope this helps.
Thank you - exactly what i was looking for...now let see if i can find those holes... ill take some pics if i can get a digicam in there...

thanks again

Old 06-30-2005, 04:31 PM
Part numbers - all arizona gold color

LEFT FRONT - 5L3Z-12405-AAA
LEFT REAR 5L3Z-626605-AAA
RIGHT FRONT 5L3Z-1522404-AAA
RIGHT REAR 5L3Z-1626604-AAA

TAILGATE 5L3Z-994340-AAA

Quick Reply: Mark LT Handles DSG Installed!