2004 - 2008 F-150

Any Low Down On The 2006's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2005, 07:43 PM
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Question Any Low Down On The 2006's?

It may be a little bit early for this, but I'm wondering if anyone out there has some insight into the 2006 F-150's? I'm curious to know if there are any grill or front fascia changes planned, any new interior packages coming, or any new exterior colors?

I have been going back and forth about whether I want to order a new F-150, or a new Mustang. I figure that I am getting close enough to the '06 model year that I might hold off on ordering if one or the other vehicles has some special appointments that push me in one direction or the other!

Old 04-20-2005, 07:56 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intro of the h/d

Old 04-20-2005, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by 04 RED LARIAT
Intro of the h/d
details/explain....

Old 04-20-2005, 08:15 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by trytokeepup
details/explain....
harley davidson...

search google.

Old 04-20-2005, 08:29 PM
Look for pictures here.

Old 04-20-2005, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by asinatra
harley davidson...

search google.
wow thats sad lol. I was thinking "heavy duty" with maybe the baby diesel or the "hurricane" people keep talking about. Guess i got my hopes up. Yep i definetly know about the harley edition...sweet truck!

Old 04-20-2005, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by trytokeepup
wow thats sad lol. I was thinking "heavy duty" with maybe the baby diesel or the "hurricane" people keep talking about. Guess i got my hopes up. Yep i definetly know about the harley edition...sweet truck!
I talked to the Ford truck rep at the Atlanta Int Auto show and he seemed pretty suprised I even knew about the possible baby power stroke or the hurricane. He said both were dead as of right now and the only big change in the near future for the fullsize truck line will be an extended version of the Expedition....think Suburan and Yukon. This will help take the place of the loss of the Excursion from what he said.

Old 04-20-2005, 10:41 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, I think the Harley Edition is the only big news for 06. If that doesn't interest you, you could probably get a great deal on a leftover 05 in a few months.

Old 04-20-2005, 11:31 PM
Originally posted by wandell
Yeah, I think the Harley Edition is the only big news for 06. If that doesn't interest you, you could probably get a great deal on a leftover 05 in a few months.
Yeah, I probably could get a good deal on a late '05.

The only problem is that whichever vehicle I decide to get (F-150 or Mustang) it will be my "baby" and I plan on keeping it forever. As such, I want to order it EXACTLY as I want. While I could probably find a Mustang on the dealer lot set-up fairly close to how I would choose, I doubt that I would ever find an F-150 equipped as I would have it. As such, a special order would probably be the only way to go for me on the truck!

FYI -- Here is how I would equip the truck:

*Standard Cab
* 6-1/2' Bed
* Styleside
* Automatic
* 3.73 Limited Slip
* Fog Lamps
* Rear Cargo Storage Unit
* Rear Window Defrost
* Medium Wedgewood Blue (probably)

Good luck finding a truck like this anywhere on a dealer lot!

Old 04-21-2005, 08:30 AM
Oh no, there are more changes coming for 2006.
I can't say what they are yet, but you will see some new things.
It won't be long.

Old 04-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Originally posted by RamSS/T
I talked to the Ford truck rep at the Atlanta Int Auto show and he seemed pretty suprised I even knew about the possible baby power stroke or the hurricane. He said both were dead as of right now and the only big change in the near future for the fullsize truck line will be an extended version of the Expedition....think Suburan and Yukon. This will help take the place of the loss of the Excursion from what he said.

hurricane is dead, period. the baby powerstroke is not dead... only delayed/deffered until we get some clean diesel fuel in North America.

Old 04-21-2005, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by ddellwo
Yeah, I probably could get a good deal on a late '05.

The only problem is that whichever vehicle I decide to get (F-150 or Mustang) it will be my "baby" and I plan on keeping it forever. As such, I want to order it EXACTLY as I want. While I could probably find a Mustang on the dealer lot set-up fairly close to how I would choose, I doubt that I would ever find an F-150 equipped as I would have it. As such, a special order would probably be the only way to go for me on the truck!

FYI -- Here is how I would equip the truck:

*Standard Cab
* 6-1/2' Bed
* Styleside
* Automatic
* 3.73 Limited Slip
* Fog Lamps
* Rear Cargo Storage Unit
* Rear Window Defrost
* Medium Wedgewood Blue (probably)

Good luck finding a truck like this anywhere on a dealer lot!
I found my truck on the lot and it is exactly what you describe except for the rear window defrost and color (mine is silver)

Old 04-21-2005, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by osbornk
I found my truck on the lot and it is exactly what you describe except for the rear window defrost and color (mine is silver)
I looked at your truck's description and it is fairly close to what I am looking for. The primary difference is that I want a 4x2 versus your 4x4.

You found a dealer truck with the 3.73 LS? I suppose with the 4x4 option that isn't quite as big of a stretch as with the 4x2 I am looking for.

Down here in Houston, the only standard cabs I am seeing are stripped-down STX's with the V6 -- in fact I have yet to test drive a standard cab with even the 4.6 V8, much less the 5.4 that I would want! Standard cabs must be more popular up your way, because down here in this part of Texas they are somewhat of a rare breed....

Old 04-21-2005, 12:13 PM
ddellwo-
You're probably aware of this, but you can search dealer inventory from Ford's web page for every dealer in Houston. It's real easy to select the cab, bed length, engine, and drivetrain you want and then see who has it.

I used that function to find what I was looking for- an FX4 that had a bench seat- in Houston. Found out that hardly anyone down here orders "trucks"...they all seem to select bucket seats and every electronic gizmo on the list.

Old 04-21-2005, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by taw1126
ddellwo-
You're probably aware of this, but you can search dealer inventory from Ford's web page for every dealer in Houston. It's real easy to select the cab, bed length, engine, and drivetrain you want and then see who has it.

I used that function to find what I was looking for- an FX4 that had a bench seat- in Houston. Found out that hardly anyone down here orders "trucks"...they all seem to select bucket seats and every electronic gizmo on the list.
Same here in Cali. The Bucket seats just aren't practicle for me and I had to special order them.

Quick Reply: Any Low Down On The 2006's?