2004 - 2008 F-150

Troyer Performance -- Air Force One is NOW SHIPPING!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 05:11 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RP, looking at your pic, it doesn’t appear you have the filter out toward the fender far enough. That’s how I had mine at first, but after reviewing the instructions (picture) I moved mine out farther.

my first try

after I moved it out

I don't guess it makes that much difference either way

Old 05-21-2005, 06:08 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
RP, looking at your pic, it doesn’t appear you have the filter out toward the fender far enough. That’s how I had mine at first, but after reviewing the instructions (picture) I moved mine out farther.
I don't have enough length to go out any farther.... (the story of my life; lack of length).

Old 05-21-2005, 06:38 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It does sound like the old 4 barrels opening up of yesteryear! ... and SOTP says it works! ... Can’t wait to try a performance tune! Here's as it turned out ... it's right in-between the above pics.

Old 05-21-2005, 07:29 PM
Originally Posted by RockPick
I don't have enough length to go out any farther.... (the story of my life; lack of length).
The end of my filter is 2 ¾” from the inner fender now and it has approximately 1” more it could move and still be clamped solidly

Old 05-21-2005, 10:29 PM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by jpdadeo
The end of my filter is 2 ¾” from the inner fender now and it has approximately 1” more it could move and still be clamped solidly

Interesting...

Are you measuring from the lip of the fender (right on the inside nearest the engine compartment) or the actually tip of the fender?

Old 05-21-2005, 11:40 PM
Rock, Great right-up! My next mod!

Old 05-22-2005, 12:48 AM
I installed mine this morning. No problems except one of the hose clamps that holds the elbow on at the throttle body was too small. I had to stop and make a trip to Home Depot for a 4-5" clamp. Followed the directions and took her out. What a difference! A real seat-of-the pants feel. Also I agree with the above, sounds like the 4 barrels opening up. Real neat sound and feel like someone pulled the cork out of the tailpipe! I too went through the filter placement deal. I now have it extended out more towards the fender well, with the hose clamp inside the box. Looks good. I also replaced the isolator bolts (nylon ones) with stainless steel. One of the nylon ones broke off during shipping, so I figure what the heck, might as well use stainless, it matches the airbox material and definitely won't break.

Old 05-22-2005, 11:58 AM
Originally Posted by RockPick
Interesting...

Are you measuring from the lip of the fender (right on the inside nearest the engine compartment) or the actually tip of the fender?
I’m taking that measurement from the lip of the hole where the stock tube used to plug into.
That’s the closest part of the inner fender to the Power Stack filter.
There’s approximately 7” from that hole to the outside fender.

I’ve been thinking about cutting off the portion of the OEM tube, that goes through the inner fenders
cold air hole, and plugging it back in. It looks like it would direct more cold air down the throat of the
Power Stack filter, seeing how the end takes in air too. What do you think?

Quick Reply: Troyer Performance -- Air Force One is NOW SHIPPING!