2004 - 2008 F-150

slip, clunk on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 04:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I also had the slip clunk issue the dealership added friction modifier to the rear diff. much better now.
hope this helps

Old 07-25-2005, 09:17 AM
ibreed,

you know your S*@T !!!,

can You tell me the WHERE'S THE "TSB" ??

Old 07-25-2005, 09:36 AM
Originally Posted by inbred
the slip yoke is basically where the driveshaft connects to the transmission. The driveshaft can slide front to back in this coupling; if it couldn't slide, your rear suspension wouldn't be able to travel vertically very well.

The clunk comes from when the yoke binds up slightly, then lets loose all at once (for lack of better descriptive terms).

Whether it's slip yoke or rear end clutch packs, what people describe as a 'slip' is actually a 'bind'
My dealer performed the TSB per my request although they could not duplicate the clunk. And it didn't fix a thing. It's been in four times for this. I may trade the truck in.

mikebaby

Old 07-25-2005, 12:20 PM
My truck was in for the clutch packs, then I recieved a new drive shaft a month later.

I've had a small "clunk" (when turning then accelerating) ever since both those items were fixed. Upon taking it for a ride with the Service Manager, he told me that Ford said there is a small noise when the tranny is downshifting from 3rd to 2nd gear and that I must accelerate at that exact moment which makes the problem more pronounced.

It's "normal". Yeah...

Quick Reply: slip, clunk on acceleration