F150online Forums

F150online Forums (https://www.f150online.com/forums/)
-   2004 - 2008 F-150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150-80/)
-   -   Power Folding Mirror Install on F150 (https://www.f150online.com/forums/2004-2008-f-150/189611-power-folding-mirror-install-f150.html)

ChrisAdams 06-06-2005 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by str8ace
chris/dallasdave - I just looked at the pic in the tutorial and while i have the rubber boot...i also have what looks to be a white lock (block) on the cab side. I tried moving the lever down on this thinking it lockes the wire in place or something but still no luck.

Chris - is that thing thats kinda like a lever what you are talking about when you refer to as block and if so, what's the best way to get it through there?

Sorry, you are not going to like this.
We have not found a user friendly way to do it. The only other guy I know with this accursed block drilled a hole in it, and spliced the wires into the boot..
My 4x4 Tracker (Suzuki) has something like this. It's usually used on four wheels that might get deep in water, I think.
On my Tracker I drilled a separate hole, using a 90 degree drill head adaptor. Then I added my own boot and harness, a two dollar pair of rubber boots I scrounged at pick-a-part. Works, looks OK, but was twice the work I had expected to do.
Chris

str8ace 06-06-2005 05:51 PM

Originally Posted by ChrisAdams
Sorry, you are not going to like this.
We have not found a user friendly way to do it. The only other guy I know with this accursed block drilled a hole in it, and spliced the wires into the boot..
My 4x4 Tracker (Suzuki) has something like this. It's usually used on four wheels that might get deep in water, I think.
On my Tracker I drilled a separate hole, using a 90 degree drill head adaptor. Then I added my own boot and harness, a two dollar pair of rubber boots I scrounged at pick-a-part. Works, looks OK, but was twice the work I had expected to do.
Chris

Thanks - hoping I don't have to do this. I will take pics tonight when I get home and post them. If you get a chance, please check the post tomorrow and let me know if the pic is the same block you are talking about.

Thanks again.

str8ace 06-07-2005 02:57 AM

Here are some pics of my rubber boot running from the door to the outter cab wall.

This one has the "white" lever closed

https://www.f150online.com/galleries...743-125529.jpg

This one has the "white" lever down or opened
https://www.f150online.com/galleries...743-125530.jpg

Can anyone please tell me how to fish wires through that?

ChrisAdams 06-07-2005 12:31 PM

The only guy I know that had that, by passed it by putting a second hole in, then 'blending' the boots together.
Chris

2001SUPERCREW 08-05-2005 08:44 AM

I will try to make this work with the factory switch, I'm very good with this type of stuff. Does any one have the wire lay out for the factory switch?
This is all I'm missing.

Thanks Tim :help:

Ascii 08-05-2005 09:31 AM

I'll post some diagrams when I get home tonight. The one I posted looks to me like it will work but I haven't had time or money to test it.

bgardner05 08-05-2005 04:08 PM

Greetings. I'm new to the forum and to Ford trucks. I recently purchased an '05 XL standard cab and, while my mirrors do fit going into the garage, I only have a total of 3/4" clearance so it's only a matter of time. I have two questions:

1) Does anyone know if the mirrors in this discussion will physically fit my truck? I'm not too worried about the wiring, I can handle that.

2) I have seen several posts relative to removing door panels but most of them have been for '04s or other cab models. Can anyone give me any guidance for my truck or maybe a link. I would like to get in there and just see what's already there in the way of wiring.

Thanks,

Bob

Ascii 08-05-2005 04:16 PM

I would have to say that your truck is probably already wired for it. It is my understanding that they wire all trucks the same then add whatever in the end to decide what package the truck has.

Ascii 08-05-2005 06:23 PM

You should be able to click Here and see all the diagrams I could think of to include. If you need more just let me know and i'll post them if I have them.

:beers:

2001SUPERCREW 08-05-2005 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by Ascii
You should be able to click Here and see all the diagrams I could think of to include. If you need more just let me know and i'll post them if I have them.

:beers:

Thank you big time!

Thank You very much for the help. When I get this to work I will let everyone know.

Tim :rocker:

2001SUPERCREW 08-05-2005 08:19 PM

Also what is the last one for? the one with only 5 pins. RELAY??

Ascii 08-05-2005 09:17 PM

From the diagrams it appears to have 2 relays in it. It is the factory Pfm module it is like what was mentioned earlier here about the auto up/down modules. Only its wired differently I called and the module is only like 15 bucks.

vigness 08-05-2005 10:36 PM

wiring diagrams

Copied the diagrams for the door locks the other day, will stop in and get the diagrams for the PFM system this weekend.

On getting the door panels off the '05, pretty easy, just the screws at the bottom of the door and the two behind the inside handle. The only thing you need to remember is to pop the bottom speaker mounts after taking the speakers out, they will keep the panel from lifting up.

2001SUPERCREW 08-05-2005 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Ascii
From the diagrams it appears to have 2 relays in it. It is the factory Pfm module it is like what was mentioned earlier here about the auto up/down modules. Only its wired differently I called and the module is only like 15 bucks.

On the relay, what pin is the ground? two ways to look at the relay.

thanks

bgardner05 08-05-2005 11:50 PM

Thanks for info on the 05 door panels. How about the window handle? Do they have c-clips or is there another method for removing them? Do I need any kind of special tool?

Thanks.