2004 - 2008 F-150

Driving a Taurus loaner yet again

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2005, 09:41 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Driving a Taurus loaner yet again

Well It started the other day when the radio shut off on the way to work. No clock no nothing.. When I got to work and shut the truck off the radio came on. Just for the fun of it I started the truck and the radio went out again. I took it to the dealer and after several hrs and a new radio he found that the fuse pannel when pushed on one side caused the radio to turn off and on. They ordered a new fuse pannel. Trip 2 ... Dropped truck off in am when I went back to pick it up they told me that the fuse pannel was all corroded that the wirring harness was leaking and letting water into the fuse pannel and it would have to be ordered as well. When I got into the truck I noticed a scratch on the top of the shifter. The next day when I went to clean the truck, as soon as I opened the passenger door I saw a greasy hand print above the driver door in the head liner. I was definitly not impressed. I dropped it back to the dealer at 7Am with strict instructions that they were to treat the truck as a 50k truck and not a 2k focus. Or I would take it to a dealer that would. When I went back at 5 the tech said he was still working on it and it would be at least another 4-5 hrs to finish. So I went outback to see for my self and he wasnt kidding the dash was still all out and so was a lot of stuff from under the hood. He showed me where the origional wiring harness had a y in a few spots that didnt have a proper tapeing that had come open allowing water in. He said that when he checked a few other trucks he saw they all had the same problem. I will take the camera back in the morning and try to get some pics.

Dave
04 Red Larait SCrew

Old 03-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as the fuse panel and wiring harness go...poop happens. The scratch and handprint are another matter and should show you how good the service dept is when it comes to handling problems. Again, poop happens but I would expect a sparkling truck when you pick it up.

Quick Reply: Driving a Taurus loaner yet again