2004 - 2008 F-150

found out why my truck died from yesterday..

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
found out why my truck died from yesterday..

As some of you saw yesterday, I was complaning about my truck would not start again yesterday morning. Frist time this happend to me, they told me it was the fuel filter, they replaced it and the truck started great again. Yesterday I go out to leave, and the truck did not want to crank! I had the truck towed to my dealer to have them fix it today, turnes out they already know what happend, there replacing the starter this time!! Hopfully that will fix it!

I had 19 things go wrong with my truck since October 6 of 2004!! Most of them small little things, but if you ask me, thats way to much to go wrong with the truck! I'm going to be looking into a lemon law, and see what they say about my truck. I love the truck, but I don't love the problems, every week it goes in for something or another. I just hate to deal with the hassle I will probablt get myself in for going with a lemon law, but I don't know. I have never looked into a Lemon ever before with any car. Will see what happends, but I would have LOVED to have brought a F150 for the amount I spent on it, to be just about flawless! Thats just not what I have.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:13 AM
You're truck is a lemon. I have had nothing but smooth sailing on mine. I bought it april 10, 2004 and it has 16,500 miles on it now..Only warrenty work done was the clutch packs, and replaced my rear leaf springs.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:31 AM
Banned
I have a Attorney going to call me at 11:00 this morning from the state of Ohio regarding the Lemon case. When I called today, they told me to tell them everythign that happend so far with my truck, so I did. They lady told me more then likly I have a lemon. I'm pretty sad becuase I love this truck and hate to see it go, but I got an odd ball out of the group. I don't know if I'm going to loose money out of this hole thing or what....if it does turn out to be a lemon, I want exactly what I have now, if not better in replacement without paying anything more. (wonder if thats possable?)

Old 03-07-2005, 11:21 AM
Wow, I bought mine in sept. One fog light. Thats it.

Old 03-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Banned
Well, my trucks a lemon. :-( There sending me somethign in the mail that I fill out, that goes right to Ford, then Ford will have to make a disition on what to do with my case. They say sometimes Ford offers money back to me, buy the truck back from me. What a mess...

Old 03-07-2005, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by TritonXLT
I have a Attorney going to call me at 11:00 this morning from the state of Ohio regarding the Lemon case. When I called today, they told me to tell them everythign that happend so far with my truck, so I did. They lady told me more then likly I have a lemon. I'm pretty sad becuase I love this truck and hate to see it go, but I got an odd ball out of the group. I don't know if I'm going to loose money out of this hole thing or what....if it does turn out to be a lemon, I want exactly what I have now, if not better in replacement without paying anything more. (wonder if thats possable?)
Get rid of that lemon and get yourself a new truck.

Just make sure it says F-150 on the tailgate!

Old 03-07-2005, 12:04 PM
Banned
next truck will be an F150! I won't buy anything other then Ford! I just got a bad apple out of the bunch, which does happen. I just hope ford doesn't rip me off on the next purchance ofter this case is taken care of

Old 03-07-2005, 09:07 PM
It looks like you have the law on your side so good luck and keep us posted (like you wouldn't ). Hopefully, you'll be driving your new flawless F-150 in no time, heck it might even help if you let Ford know you want another one. Just be careful and check back here throughout the process.

Old 03-07-2005, 09:13 PM
What are the 19 things that have gone wrong?

Old 03-07-2005, 09:15 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
What problems did you have with your previous vehicle?

Old 03-07-2005, 09:28 PM
I'm not going to go back and look for all your past post, but if I remember correctly the only real problems I remember you posting are the clutch packs and now your starter. Both of which took 2 visits to get corrected ( if my memory is correct ). What other if any problems did you have? The only other things I remember you taking it in for are things like rattles and squeeks. I seriously doubt your truck will qualify for a lemon law unless it had some other problems that I missed.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:25 PM
Thats the point I was getting at GB.

People seem to be just a wee bit too enthusiastic to say "lemon law it".

You just can't walk in and say "I'm tired of it and want out because it gets dirty too often".

Ask anybody here who has got a buyback, its not like ordering a whopper at the drive thru.

Old 03-07-2005, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by blitzkrieg
Thats the point I was getting at GB.

People seem to be just a wee bit too enthusiastic to say "lemon law it".

You just can't walk in and say "I'm tired of it and want out because it gets dirty too often".

Ask anybody here who has got a buyback, its not like ordering a whopper at the drive thru.
Yes,,, I'm glad someone said that...

Old 03-08-2005, 08:54 AM
since June 2004, I'ver only had the slip-yoke lube TSB done.

Problem free other than that.

Old 03-08-2005, 09:42 AM
Banned
My problems so far...

Rough idle (feels like the truck is missing) Dealer lied to me said it was cylinders shutting on and off

--Water leak 3rd break light (dealer replaces light, headliner and steam cleaned the seats)

--Vibration in stearing wheel at highways speeds (2 new tires, road forced balenced 2 times) still a shimmy at highway speeds

--Wind leak from front window (dealer took off front window and resealed it)

--Dash board is miss a lined, the peaice that goes from the headliner down to the dashboards keeps poping off the dash board (dealer keeps on replacing that part now 3 times)

--Howling from rear end at highways speeds (going to get looked at this comign Monday)

--Clutch packs went bad (dealer replaced clutch packs and lubed the yolk) Not yet fixed, still shutters on take off in mornings)

--Horn went out (dealer replaced horns) Horn is out again, it goes out when it rains?? also getting looked at a long with the howling on this coming Monday

--truck died on me 2 times within a month (frist time something to do with the fuel filter, this time it was the starter)

--loud knocking sound from engine when truck is hot (dealer is going to replace the cam Monday)

--Cooling fan is stuck on High in the mornings for the frist Mile, I have no power what so ever until the fan gets to normal) dealer will replace fan clutch Monday)

I called already an Attorney yesterday from state of Ohio lemon law, and without a doubt I have a lemon in this state. Sucks but I hope to get another F150 when this is said and done.

To much to go wrong when the truck is 6 months old with 3,400 miles on it!!!!!

Rest of the problems have to do with a lot of loose parts inside the truck which the dealer is trying to work on to get tight again.

Quick Reply: found out why my truck died from yesterday..