2004 - 2008 F-150

ebay products

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2005, 12:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I bought some chrome nerf bars from dealsofsteel.com about a year ago. I believe they are made by Raptor and the price was good at the time (I think I paid around $200). However, after a year, I've noticed I have water spots in the chrome and cannot get them out. I've tried almost everything with no luck so far. So in my experience, I really do believe you get what you pay for.

Old 06-09-2005, 12:56 PM
Thanks you guys just cost me more money. I just ordered the steps from truckparts411 also. I'm sure they're as good as you all say. I did get a little burned on the shipping and tax since I live in SoCal, but $184 is still a killer deal. So heres to you guys for the recommendation

Old 06-09-2005, 04:14 PM
Suspended
bajabenedik, I have also been wanting to buy some nerf bars for my scab. I've been wondering about ebay's sellers. I saw the dealsofsteel.com dealer and considered them, and also the Nasta dealer. There is something about them that makes them considerably cheaper, but I have not figured it out yet. I think the stainless steel quality is the same, but maybe the step pads are made a lot cheaper on some of the ebay sellers' brands. I'll probably buy off ebay since they're hundreds $ cheaper, but hopefully more people who have had the different brands will post opinions. I want total stainless steel and no chrome coating.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by ThumperMX113
Check my gallery for pictures of the TFP chrome door handle covers.

Im pretty sure only TFP and Putco make the overlays, just find out which one your getting when you order them. Personally I like the TFPs better but each to his own. They don't affect the key pad either. I really wouldn't know how long they last cause I've only had them for a couple of months but they look brand new. Just get them!

Thumper,
Just got the overlays yesterday (Putco) and put them on. They really look great on the Dark Toreadore Red.

Old 06-15-2005, 11:35 PM
Decent prices on bars.... https://www.carmicdirect.com/store/p...=&Pge=6&Sze=10 Dont know anything about there quality. Has anyone bought from carmic direct? They also sell on e-bay.

Old 06-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Update on Popular Link

They are denying my warranty claim and i have not heard back from them regarding this latest picture. The bars have milky spots that will not polish out as well as scratches in the stainless that should not be there. Stainless should not scratch like this. I have attached a photo of the milky spots. Until they resolve this, i will make sure that people are FULLY aware of Popular Links products and customer service.

Old 06-16-2005, 10:00 AM
More popular link

Quick Reply: ebay products