2004 - 2008 F-150

Guys..I really don't think my buzzer goes off when the gas is low?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 09:45 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guys..I really don't think my buzzer goes off when the gas is low?

I have been down to the empty mark plenty of times in my supercrew XLT. I don't see a light or hear a darn thing when my needels goes slightly before the empty mark? I ran it down that low just to see if my truck would yell at me, but nothing?? I test drove a Lariat before, and it was just below the 1/4 mark and it was already beeping at me to fill it up, but I don't hear anything with mine? I know guys in here with the XLT's say it beeps at them when they get low, but I have yet to hear it and I'm not going to risk running dry out of gas before it yells at me? Whats the deal here?

Old 03-01-2005, 10:26 AM
my STX yells at me everytime, also the led read out says low fuel until you hit the milage button or fill up past the low mark. if i had to guess id say you have a bad fuse or maybe your led screen maybe bad. my dad's '04 screw had a bad led screen and they replace it, have had a prob. with it since.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:53 AM
At a certain point while I am driving, my truck makes a single beep and then indicates that I have low fuel on my display. Not much of a noise if you ask me, but I do have the display. Thats just my truck.

Old 03-01-2005, 10:56 AM
I have ran mine down to E and slightly below and have no sounds or lights, maybe because it is an XL?

Old 03-01-2005, 11:02 AM
Yep, on my XLT Screw, there is a little bell "ding" and the display reads Low Fuel.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:11 AM
i really dont think it matters if you have a XL, STX, or XLT, im pretty sure its just standard on all the new F150's.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Guys..I really don't think my buzzer goes off when the gas is low?

Originally posted by TritonXLT
I have been down to the empty mark plenty of times in my supercrew XLT. I don't see a light or hear a darn thing when my needels goes slightly before the empty mark? I ran it down that low just to see if my truck would yell at me, but nothing?? I test drove a Lariat before, and it was just below the 1/4 mark and it was already beeping at me to fill it up, but I don't hear anything with mine? I know guys in here with the XLT's say it beeps at them when they get low, but I have yet to hear it and I'm not going to risk running dry out of gas before it yells at me? Whats the deal here?
I would suggest putting a gallon in a can in the back and test it. My XLT has to get way down before the warning comes on. It has 2 or 3 gallons left when the warning comes on but the gauge has to be way down.

Old 03-01-2005, 11:38 AM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Question

Could it be that none of the Models have a warning chime?

Isn't it possible that when you go to work in the morning, your neighbor with the siphon hose and gasoline breath is hiding behind your seat and says: "DING!" ?

Did any of you consider that these trucks don't really get the horrible mileage you think they do and that your neighbor never buys gas?

Old 03-01-2005, 12:26 PM
^^^^^ my favorite reply of the day

Old 03-01-2005, 01:00 PM
Raoul is absolutely right. I bought a locking gas cap and mine has only needed fuel 6 times since I bought it over 6 months ago.

Do the rest of you have issues with gas mileage? I'd check to see if your neighbors smirk everytime you park if I were you.

Old 03-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Certified Goat Breeder
Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Talking

You'll never get the Lariat owners to believe you, they think they have a talking gas computer, even when the neighbor messes up...

"You need gas Fred...uuhh, this is a recording..."

Old 03-01-2005, 01:31 PM
Banned
I hardy drive anywhere during the week, but I average about 40 bucks a week to fill it up! Probably since I have a heavy foot

Old 03-01-2005, 01:32 PM
Mine has never gone off either. If I have to wait until there is only 2-3 gallons left, I'll never hear it anyway. I don't let my tank get below 1/4 tank, especially in the winter months. Not to get off topic but, I don't think you can siphon gas from newer vehicles anymore. All a locking gas cap will do is stop someone from putting something into your tank. Correct??

Old 03-01-2005, 02:02 PM
Try and experiment and stick a hose down into your tank and start suckin.... if you swallow gas, it's safe to say it doesnt have a lock... No gas in the mouth = lock.

Let us know how it goes.

Old 03-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[i]Not to get off topic but, I don't think you can siphon gas from newer vehicles anymore. All a locking gas cap will do is stop someone from putting something into your tank. Correct?? [/B]
Some you can and some you can't. I think it depends on the hose you use and the crooks and connections in the filler tube to the tank. I worked insuance claims during the gas shortages in the 70s and people with locking gas caps not only still lost their gas but they frequently found a hole in the bottom of their gas tank. The locking gas cap cost them a gas tank in addition to the loss of gas.

Quick Reply: Guys..I really don't think my buzzer goes off when the gas is low?