2004 - 2008 F-150

My 150 is Possessed by Satan!

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2005, 05:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The first 2 times, I would have been inclined to believe that it was indeed me pressing both pedals, but I was paying more attention this time. The rpms changed when I shifted the tranny, and I hadn't moved my foot. (still pressing hard on the brake at that point) I do wear hiking boots, but they're more like hi-top tennis shoes than work boots. I'll put them on and see if it's possible with them.

Tonight I'm going to go horse the truck around on an empty road and see what I can get to happen.

Old 02-06-2005, 05:50 PM
Wasn't there a rather major PCM problem with these trucks with build dates somewhere around 8/04 into 9/04? I don't think a reflash was the answer - the PCM had to be replaced. Don't remember the details, but there were idle, stalling and surging problems. Do yourself a major favor and get the truck to the dealer ASAP. It sounds electronic and may be fairly easy to fix.

Old 02-06-2005, 06:29 PM
I almost ran into my freinds Explorer because of some large ice fishing boots. It scared the crap outa' me. I'm sure that manufacturers are well aware of the throttle/brake pedal spacing after the 60 minutes slander of Audi.

Quick Reply: My 150 is Possessed by Satan!