2004 - 2008 F-150

Can I install an Aftermarket HU and keep Audiophile spkrs / Sub???

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 11:26 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can I install an Aftermarket HU and keep Audiophile spkrs / Sub???

I've already done a search on this, and so far have not found the answer. I want to swap out my Audiophile 6-CD changer for an aftermarket unit with integrated Sirius capabilities. I'm tired of waiting for PIE or Blitsafe to come out with the long awaited Aux adapters.

Anyway, the only issue I can see is the connections to the sub box under the back seat. Does anyone know what the level the signals are from the Audiophile HU to the sub? Some aftermarket units have different levels for sub out, so I want to make sure I don't fry the sub amp, or the new HU when I connect them.

Better yet, has anyone already done this (connected a new aftermarket HU to the existing Audiophile speakers and sub)? Did you just solder some RCA connectors on the sub wires and plug straight into the new HU sub out connection?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Old 01-28-2005, 11:35 AM
i would like to know also. I want to install a Kenwood dxx-7015 indash DVD and keep my audiophile

Old 01-28-2005, 01:26 PM
I'd like to know as well if you could hook a sat-radio system to the stock Audiophile and use the AUX button...

Old 01-28-2005, 01:51 PM
No, you can't use the AUX button, that's why I'm considering swapping out for an aftermarket HU. The Aux input issue has been discussed many many times on these forums. If you do a search you'll find plenty to read.

Back to the original question - Has ANYONE installed an aftermarket HU and kepth their Audiophile speakers & Sub????

Thanks.

Old 01-28-2005, 05:16 PM
Anybody???

Old 01-28-2005, 05:30 PM
did you read/search the "other audio system" forum on here? I think I read in there that at least one person hooked up the sub to an aftermarket HU.

Quick Reply: Can I install an Aftermarket HU and keep Audiophile spkrs / Sub???