2004 - 2008 F-150

Keyless entry?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2005, 06:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keyless entry?

Is there anyway to completely change the door lockcode on the drivers side door? One of mine from the factory is waytoooo easy to figure out.

Old 01-28-2005, 06:37 AM
Banned
lol yeah it's easy....I forgot exactly what u have to do. It's in the owners guide though. I changed mine myself when I brought it but I forgot exactly how the process went. Try checking your book out! Goodluck!

Old 01-28-2005, 07:37 AM
You can change the code numbers to make it easyer to remember,but the factory code stays the same.You may need to get a new unit installed.I added the second code on mine but never use it,for after installing my FORD Gold system it gos off if you press on the key pad now.The way they break into vels now days the key pad is nothing to worry about if they want to get in they will.

Old 01-28-2005, 08:05 AM
Originally posted by WildmanNP
You can change the code numbers to make it easyer to remember,but the factory code stays the same.You may need to get a new unit installed.I added the second code on mine but never use it,for after installing my FORD Gold system it gos off if you press on the key pad now.The way they break into vels now days the key pad is nothing to worry about if they want to get in they will.
That's exactly what I was wanting to do,change the factory code. I mean anbody can get in it all you have to do is run your fingers back and forth across the key pad and pop,doors open. Way too easy. Will FORD cover a new unit?

Old 01-28-2005, 08:16 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by Slow04
Will FORD cover a new unit?
Not unless it's faulty. From the sounds of it, you just need to change your key code. As was mentioned, the procedure for this is outlined in your manual.

RP

Old 01-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Originally posted by WildmanNP
for after installing my FORD Gold system it gos off if you press on the key pad now.
WildmanNP - it doesn't have to work that way. I too have the gold ford system, and use the keypad a lot without the alarm going off. I use the keypad and that too disables the alarm just as the remote does. Check with Sandog for a fix if you care to. What good is it having a keypad if you cant use it?

Old 01-28-2005, 08:27 AM
we don't get a lot of requests for it but i think you can erase the key code using our computer diag system and set it to you what you want, but i can't say for 100% u can erase the factory code. i would phone your dealer and ask.

wildman they have the unlock sense wire wired wrong or the programing worng because i install our systems on a daily basis and u can use your key pad to enter the truck and it will disarm the alarm system, it does on my truck and every truck i have installed a gold on.

Mac.

Quick Reply: Keyless entry?