2004 - 2008 F-150

Steps in the DSB process?

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 06:12 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Steps in the DSB process?

I searched a few different keyword combos and didnt come up with an answer so I wanted to post the question. If it has already been answered please link me to it.

I finally broke down and submitted my DSB paperwork. 4th visit actually made it worse (driveshaft replacement) so I just thought it was time.

I wanted to know if anyone could outline the steps of the DSB process.

I have already been called by my local dealer witha appointment for their last chance to fix.

What happens from there??????

Old 01-18-2005, 07:45 PM
It's been posted here but here's what I've had done so far.

Get DSB form from dealer or Ford. File er out with all documentation you have, notes, supporting docs, etc. I also attached a letter and summary of all my visits and conversations since repair order paperwork is almost always pathetically written.

A few weeks later I got a confirmation letter saying it was received. Another week or two I now have my hearing for Feb. 02. I'll get a few minutes to talk and then they will make a decision a few weeks later. I've heard within 10-14 days after hearing.

Good luck. I'll be glad when I get rid of my vibrating/shaking truck. Hope I have better luck with a 250 or 350.

Old 01-18-2005, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by DrkShadow
It's been posted here but here's what I've had done so far.

Get DSB form from dealer or Ford. File er out with all documentation you have, notes, supporting docs, etc. I also attached a letter and summary of all my visits and conversations since repair order paperwork is almost always pathetically written.

A few weeks later I got a confirmation letter saying it was received. Another week or two I now have my hearing for Feb. 02. I'll get a few minutes to talk and then they will make a decision a few weeks later. I've heard within 10-14 days after hearing.

Good luck. I'll be glad when I get rid of my vibrating/shaking truck. Hope I have better luck with a 250 or 350.

I already sent the paperwork in to Ford by Registered/Return Receipt mail. They must have got it today because apparently they already called the Ford Dealer. In turn the Ford dealer called me to set up the 'final attempt' appointment which is scheduled for next Monday.

So as of today I have brought the truck in 4 times with no improvement. I have sent the paperwork into Ford, have the appointment for the dealer to try one more time to fix it.

So I assume you have already had that last appointment and are now waiting to talk to the board???????

Old 01-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Sorry, but did a FSE look at your truck? My DSB hearing was on Dec/7/2004 and I turned the keys in and took my refund yesterday Jan/17/2005. I don't mean to scare you but be on your toes with the "FINAL APPOINTMENT". They may try to get your signature on a document saying the problem was solved. My former dealership told me to go away because my days (30 needed in Ohio) were at 27. Other than that, the DSB process will take place and you'll know in 2 weeks what happened. Be sure to have all documentation in front of you and be prepared to refute a statement or two from them. I can give examples of my hearing if you want.

Jansen

Old 01-18-2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by jansen_l
Sorry, but did a FSE look at your truck? My DSB hearing was on Dec/7/2004 and I turned the keys in and took my refund yesterday Jan/17/2005. I don't mean to scare you but be on your toes with the "FINAL APPOINTMENT". They may try to get your signature on a document saying the problem was solved. My former dealership told me to go away because my days (30 needed in Ohio) were at 27. Other than that, the DSB process will take place and you'll know in 2 weeks what happened. Be sure to have all documentation in front of you and be prepared to refute a statement or two from them. I can give examples of my hearing if you want.

Jansen
Jansen

Sent you an E-mail

Thanks
sting123

Old 01-18-2005, 09:06 PM
Do a search for DSB or Dispute Settlement Board on this and other Ford Truck sites. I have posted a lot of material, links and documents over the last year about driveline vibration and steering wheel nibble. A year ago this time I could not find anything about the DSB not even in Google, it's a different story now. Good luck.

DSB buy back class of 04.

Old 01-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by jansen_l

Jansen
I do NOT believe a FSE has looked at the truck. Although I assume that will happen next week.

I would appreciate you sending me any specific details. Anything would help. I will send you an email now.

I either want them to fix this truck so I can wait for the new Mustang Cobra and trade the truck in (supposedly a 5.4 supercharged engine with 500hp, but details are still up in the air) OR go ahead and buy my truck back and I will get a 2005 Mustang GT or another F150.
Thanks man..

Todd

Trending Topics

Old 01-19-2005, 04:18 PM
I won my DSB w/o an FSE looking at my truck.

They simply admitted that there was a problem.

Old 01-19-2005, 05:14 PM
My DSB hearing is 02-01 so I'm counting the days until this is over.

Old 02-01-2005, 08:46 PM
Any news yet?

Sting - did you have your DSB hearing today? How did it go?

Old 02-01-2005, 08:49 PM
My hearing is tomorrow (02-02). I was originally scheduled for today but my mediator said they were really busy so it was backed up 1 day. I'll post how everything went at the hearing tomorrow.

Quick Reply: Steps in the DSB process?