2004 - 2008 F-150

Service Experience

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2005, 11:50 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Service Experience

I took my truck to the dealership on Friday because my transmission was making a "CLUNK" sound when shifting, and that morning when i shifted into reverse it wouldnt move for about thirty seconds. I dropped it off and they give me a focus :o for a rental(spared no expense) . Service manager called me back that evening to tell me it was all fixed, they told me ford had some defective slip-yoke grease and they put some new on and its fixed. I said GREAT!!!! I will be there at 8 am to pick it up. I get to the dealership, pickup my truck and head to noel, mo to help my mom move, get to the gas station 10 blocks away, park at the pump, I say to the person with me "WOW" transmission is even better then new. I decided before I pump my gas I will call the service manager and tell them what a great job they had done. We talk for a min or two and I hang up. about 5 seconds after I hang up from ford service. My truck starts to shake violently for about 5 seconds and then dies. I say WTF?!? Start it back up and guess what, it wont stay running. So I call the manager back and say "Sorry, now the truck wont stay running." We limp back down the 10 blocks to the dealership and say "i have to be in noel 3 hours from now!(Its a three hour drive)' He said we can check it out it, will be 15 or so minutes. We wait for about 45 and he says the truck gives "Rich codes" for a while, then it gives "Lean Codes" for a while. So they proceed to get a mass air flow sensor and install it. About 2 hours later they say its fixed. I get about 40 miles down then road and the transmission problem(that was fixed before is now more evident than ever. So now I am going to just drive it until it completely breaks and then get a new transmission. Unless someone here has an idea of what to do.

Last edited by phiberoptik957; 01-17-2005 at 01:34 PM.

Quick Reply: Service Experience