2004 - 2008 F-150

billets grill

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2005, 06:18 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
billets grill

I have the XLT and have a bolt over billet grill right now but plan on buying a black replacement billet grill. Was just wondering how hard it would be to install?

Old 01-03-2005, 06:21 PM
Bolt over = hella easy..... if you have any experience with anything... whether its changing a diaper or feeding your dog...you can install a bolt-over grille. Just follow instructions, take your time, and don't take shortcuts (sounds like what your parents said about life).

Old 01-03-2005, 06:22 PM
oh wait, i misread that question bad..... a complete change for the grill once again takes time, I'd suggest taking it to get it done somewhere

Old 01-03-2005, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Merek3CS
oh wait, i misread that question bad..... a complete change for the grill once again takes time, I'd suggest taking it to get it done somewhere
Its not that hard to remove the factory insert and replace it with billit. I have not done a f-150 yet, but I did my ol ranger which is harder. On that truck I had to cut the upper and lower grill apart and drill into my header. This one is basically unsnap the factory and bolt on a new one.

Old 01-03-2005, 11:15 PM
I have been thinking about the same thing and have seen the steps a couple of time on tv looks easy!! and what a look

Nico, thats a good looking truck

Last edited by RAYJAY25; 01-03-2005 at 11:26 PM.
Old 01-03-2005, 11:44 PM

CW Grill here.....

What true pain in the a$$ to install!!!

But the looks are worth it.

Old 01-04-2005, 11:46 AM
When you use a bolt-Over, can you see the honey comb behind the grill?

I want a plain grill without the blue oval without any cutting and you cannot see the honey comb.

Trending Topics

Old 01-04-2005, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by ford2004F150

CW Grill here.....

What true pain in the a$$ to install!!!

But the looks are worth it.
But I assume that because the CW grill is a replacement, that you could concievably put the original honeycomb back in, correct? There are no permanent cuts you have to make by installing the CW grill, right?

Old 01-04-2005, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by jdmclemore
But I assume that because the CW grill is a replacement, that you could concievably put the original honeycomb back in, correct? There are no permanent cuts you have to make by installing the CW grill, right?

YES you can go back to stock....

To install the grill you must remove the center plastic peace (honeycomb thing) from the outside trim (crome peace in you case).

There are a bunch of stupid clips you gotta bend and pop loose.

You drill two holes to in the bottom of the trim peace to mount the billet. Not noticable at all with the hood closed. NO CUTTING AT ALL!

Then you fit that trim peace on to the billet and mount it all back on with some beefier support brakets that come with the grill.

The directions are NOTHING like the install. You should throw them in the trash first thing! The way the diagram illustrates how it is mounted to the hood is WAY WRONG. It took 4 hours to figure out that the directions had me doing it all wrong.

-f2f-

Old 01-04-2005, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by ford2004F150
The directions are NOTHING like the install. You should throw them in the trash first thing! The way the diagram illustrates how it is mounted to the hood is WAY WRONG. It took 4 hours to figure out that the directions had me doing it all wrong.

-f2f-
Thats good to know....

The CW will be my choice if I decide to go billet. Still not sure though...I kind of like the look of the honeycomb with the chrome surround. It gives it a "sunken-in" look where a billet grill makes the front look very flat. Hmm.....

Quick Reply: billets grill