2004 - 2008 F-150

Head unit wiring diagram?

Old 12-25-2004, 09:56 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Head unit wiring diagram?

Trying to install a powered subwoofer, and I need a bit of help with wiring. I've ID'd the speaker wires, but which wire is the one to use for the on/off switch for the powered subwoofer? This is only my 2nd install; the other time I spliced into the antenna up/down power wire - which of course the F-150 does not have.

BTW, this is an '04 F-150 SCrew with 6-disc in-dash head unit, NON-audiophile version.

Thanks for your trouble,
CW

Old 12-25-2004, 10:15 PM
I don't think there is a "remote" wire...so you should run a wire from the fuse box becomes hot when the ignition is in the ACC or ON position (I would use something like the wiper fuse). Then if you want to you can run a switch inline to turn it off and on if you want to turn the amp off while your truck is on.

If you want to tap into a wire at the radio plug the "TOP MIDDLE" (I think its red) would work.

Old 12-25-2004, 10:24 PM
hey cobra.... I dont remember which wire but I also installed an amp on my stock head unit and had to get a convertor for the rca and everything... if you wait till tommorow i can onpen it up and see for you.

ps - for some reason im thinking its pink/black but dont count me on that

Old 12-26-2004, 01:03 AM
This might help:

Old 12-26-2004, 03:12 AM
Originally posted by KaNigIt
ps - for some reason im thinking its pink/black but dont count me on that
Sounds familiar to me too, but it was a LONG time ago...

Old 12-26-2004, 12:40 PM
Cobra you there? Just wondering if you figured it out yet, Ive got time to go tear it apart and look if you want me to make sure.

Old 12-26-2004, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info, guys...the chart from JPERA is really the ticket. I may go to plan B though, and use a "T" harness. I am told that Scosche part no. FD23B will work to avoid any splicing. One end plugs into factory harness, the other end plugs into factory head unit, and there are left/right line signal wires already provided to feed the subwoofer. When the stores open back up after holiday, I'm gonna check it out. I really would like to avoid splicing into those TINY wires if I could.

Thanks everyone,
CW

Old 12-26-2004, 05:21 PM
best thing ever made--tap splices. if you ever remove them, a tiny piece of electical tape covers up the gap in the original wire's insullation. Use them constantly in my stereo/boating work.

Just my two cents though...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Head unit wiring diagram?