2004 - 2008 F-150

Spot mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 12:43 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spot mirrors

Did a search and could not find any helpfull info.There used to be a company called "Blind Spot" mirrors that sold spot mirrors to fit specific vehicles.They would attach to the side or bottom of the frame not the glass.Pep Boys on the east coast used to have them.Anyone else seen these anywhere?What I would really like is to have a mirror like I had on my Superduty.I am suprised(not really) Ford does not have one for the 150.:santa:

Old 12-08-2004, 05:15 PM
these mirrors are so large, why not just slap on a 2" or 3" circular convex from Pep Boys or WalMart?

Like they did for 50 years before they appeared on the SuperDuty.

Old 12-08-2004, 05:48 PM
The blind spot mirrors are nice. Had them on the hummers in the Army. Anyway, I was thinking about getting those little round stick-on mirrors to put on my regular mirrors...but after driving it 20k miles and carefully watching traffic, I found out I have NO blind spot with the mirrors adjusted so I can just barely see the side of my truck when I look in the mirror. If the car isn't in my mirror, it's in my view through the window. I'm very happy with the stock mirrors.

Old 12-08-2004, 07:03 PM
the driving industry has been saying what you just explained for the past few years now...i guess they are hoping people will catch on. Its not just trucks with big mirrors, it will work for almost any vehicule. you really dont need to see you sides at all cause no car could fit in that small a space ( maybe a motercycle could?). the only probleme is when backing up you dont have a nice reference.

Old 12-08-2004, 09:50 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nightmoves, is there a Camping World near you? If so, you might want to take a look at these.
spot mirror

Old 12-09-2004, 12:52 AM
Has anyone ever seen these in person?

http://ttt-mirror.com/

Old 12-09-2004, 06:59 AM
Hmmm....interesting...

Trending Topics

Old 12-09-2004, 08:39 AM
Like Serge said, it's just a matter of adjusting the existing mirrors properly. Many people I know will adjust their mirrors so the top half of the mirror is looking at the sky. So right off the bat they aren't using half the mirror. I adjust mine so that when on the highway the horizon is 15% of the way down from the top of the mirror and I can barely see the side of my truck in the side of the mirror (for reference). Keeping the mirrors adjusted like that also helps when backing a trailer. How many times do you see someone backing a trailer and stretching up in their seat trying to see the area below the normal field of vision in their mirrors?

Old 12-09-2004, 09:10 AM
I was really looking for places to get mirrors not advice on how to drive.Thankyou Neil and porkchop for the mirror sites,they were helpfull.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by nightmoves
I was really looking for places to get mirrors not advice on how to drive.Thankyou Neil and porkchop for the mirror sites,they were helpfull.

perhaps then you should tell us how you drive first. If these are for towing, then say so and that would have changed the responses.

If they are only to reduce blindspots, then listen to the advice given as this would solve your problem without investing in costly aftermarket upgrades.

Old 12-09-2004, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by J-150
perhaps then you should tell us how you drive first. If these are for towing, then say so and that would have changed the responses.

If they are only to reduce blindspots, then listen to the advice given as this would solve your problem without investing in costly aftermarket upgrades.
How I drive has nothing to do with my original post(perhaps you should go back and read it again),and towing has nothing to do with it.All I asked for was if anyone knew where I could buy some spot mirrors and I have some information to go on now.

Old 12-09-2004, 04:05 PM
I offered my advice in a general way, not just for the sole benefit of the single individual who started the thread. This is a public FORUM where different topics are discussed. I was not trying to be critical of the one person asking, but trying to leave some sound advice in this thread for anyone who reads it.

Spot mirrors can be bought at any corner auto parts store. There are at least 6 stores within a mile of me that carry all kinds of mirrors. Advance, Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Auto Value, etc. etc. etc. Heck, Wal-Mart will have your mirror.

Good luck!

Old 12-09-2004, 05:09 PM
How I drive has nothing to do with my original post(perhaps you should go back and read it again),and towing has nothing to do with it.All I asked for was if anyone knew where I could buy some spot mirrors and I have some information to go on now.

how you drive has everything to do with why you want blindspot mirrors.

And yes I did read you post and offered a suggestion. Maybe it wasn't what you wanted to hear, so cry me an ****** river. You don't always get to hear what you want.

There are a ton of knowledgable, experienced truck owners here all too willing to help as well as offer additional suggestions. Next time don't ***** on them for doing so.

Old 12-09-2004, 06:00 PM
This is a PUBLIC forum not a pep boys customer service forum, nightmoves. Anyone is free to post their thoughts on anything, whether it is what you were looking for or not. No one here is obligated to answer your questions, we all do so to make conversation and enjoy our Fords. I actually found their advice helpful since I too worry about blind spots. I think their posts were meant for everyone, not only you. Chill out!

Old 12-09-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Big SCrew
I actually found their advice helpful since I too worry about blind spots.
I agree. I may even experiment with my mirror placement based on the feedback.

Quick Reply: Spot mirrors