2004 - 2008 F-150

Burned on rotor trouble.. Dubs read here if ur still around

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2004, 07:09 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burned on rotor trouble.. Dubs read here if ur still around

I was talking to a guy with an 04 today, who bought at the same dealer as I did.

At the time he had 30 000 km (18500 miles) on his Scab. Took his truck in for an oil change and asked them to check the front brakes. They said he needed the rotors turned and new pads...charged him $350.

He paid it... then brought it back because the front end was shaking like "plane turbulance". They tried turning them again and said they are too warped, you need new rotors... $500

Today he drives it like it is...bad shake when he hits the brakes

What's up with that?!!! I wouldn't have paid the $350!

Lance if you're re reading this.... it's your dealership.

My FX4 has gouged rotors, leaking diff cover, vibrates, and shutters on morning take offs... I'll be in soon.
Too bad I work with my truck everyday and have no time to bring it in....
The last time I had it towed in (with no way home) the SA said I didn't get the xtended warrenty....I don't get a rental.
I live 30 minutes away... that was a nice feeling with 1800 miles on my truck

I guess when I spent $46 000 on a truck I should have realized it's not that reliable!

Old 11-29-2004, 07:32 PM
Do you guys drive alot of dirt roads? Do you ride the brakes? Do you drive it like an F1? 46K for a Scab? What is that in USA? Did you buy it used?

If you are working on it everyday, you either got a truck built the day after the Ford Wet Bar Christmas Party last year, or you are taking the notion "Ford Tough" to mean "Lets off road to everywhere".

Dirt roads will waste rotors very quickly. Riding the brakes will warp rotors bad, especially on wet roads.

If you are not causing the problems by slight abuse, then you definately need to chew some dealer butt until you get some satisfaction.

I'm guessing for 46K, you bought it new. You should inform that genius that your truck is covered by roadside assistance for the first 36K. Not 1.8K. You should get a rental.

I hate seeing all of you guys with such horror stories. My truck has been absolutely awesome.

Good luck, and Blessings!!

Old 11-29-2004, 07:41 PM
rotors

I had to have my rotors turned after 6,000 miles. I had bad brake chatter and was surprised to find out my front roters were warped. It was covered under my waranty so I was not upset. Don't you guys have 3yr or 36,000 miles waranty up there in Canada?

Old 11-29-2004, 07:47 PM
HAHa... I ment I USE my truck for work everyday.

This guy, I was talking about, is in the same biz I am in... driving from one job to the other....
See those Built Tough commercials? We are real men driving in *****ty job sites, doing *****ty work. Built Ford Tough my ****!!

The Service people even accused this guy of hauling too much weight in the box....causing the problem. I've seen what he carries, I could carry it on my back.

No...no off roading.... it can't handle the job site, I doubt it'll handle the dirt roads.

The more I think about it, the more I think these trucks were built for hyway driving yuppies.

Oh ya.. the 46k$ is in Canadian... using X plan... and 15% TAX!!!!!

Old 11-29-2004, 07:50 PM
Re: rotors

Originally posted by Scott 7065
I had to have my rotors turned after 6,000 miles. I had bad brake chatter and was surprised to find out my front roters were warped. It was covered under my waranty so I was not upset. Don't you guys have 3yr or 36,000 miles waranty up there in Canada?
Ya it's 3yr/60 000 KM....
that's why I'm so surprised this guy paid it... and was charged it!

Old 11-29-2004, 07:55 PM
An the crappy thing about me bringing in my truck for repairs is... if they have it for days.. (last time was 5)

I need another truck with towing and a brake controller.
I just don't have the time to play the get my truck fixed game. And they don't understand not everyone can use their shuttle service and be dropped off at work. My truck IS my office.

I expected a lot more... I had a 97 until this 2004 and I brought the 97 in for brakes once...that's the only time in the shop.

Last edited by klassic; 11-29-2004 at 07:59 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 07:57 PM
You shoulda told your friend to get his money back!! Dam *******'in stealerships.

Last edited by im_poor; 11-29-2004 at 08:02 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by im_poor
You shoulda told him to get his money back!! Dam *******'in stealerships.
I did... I said I can't believe you paid it!!!!

He is a BIG BOY too
Just for the SA to have the nuts to say "you owe thus much moneys" is amazing.

The SA's there are women.. so that might explain it

Quick Reply: Burned on rotor trouble.. Dubs read here if ur still around