2004 - 2008 F-150

Does your driverside door open wider than the passenger side?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2004, 02:16 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does your driverside door open wider than the passenger side?

Over the weekend I noticed I had two little dents on the front edge of my door... right near the center .... well after investigating, I noticed that the door opened so far, that the edge contacts the inner lower hinge when I open the door with any kind of pressure behind it.. If I open the passenger side, it has at least 1/2" before the edge would contact the hinge....

I'm taking it to the dealer today to see if I can get it fixed under warranty.... which shouldn't be a problem.. The service guy said its probably a misalignment, but he hasn't seen it yet..

wish me luck..

Also, can someone open their door, and look from the inside, and see how much clearance you have from the edge to the inner lower hinge.. thanks...

Old 11-22-2004, 03:33 PM
My '04 FX4 has more clearance on the passengers side than the drivers side..... if I open the drivers door and apply a fair amount of opening pressure, I can squish my middle finger in the space.

I would estimate about 1/4" of clearance during that test.

Old 11-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Welp... drove to my local dealer today.. and they are just swamped... so they asked if I could drop it off on Saturday... the Service manager agreed that it seemed like a warranty problem, so it looks like they are going to take care of it.

I will also have them fix a couple other problems...

- steering nibble during braking...
- slight stumble while going up hill or down hills with cruise control on.
-small rattle near front corner of dash.

And don't take these minor things as bad things... I really love this truck, and do not see those as major issues... but since I have a warranty, I'm taking full advantage of it...

On a side note.. I drove to Mammoth over the weekend (700miles round trip), and got a chance to use the 4x4 hi in the snow... and let me tell you... it was fun... I love this truck..

Quick Reply: Does your driverside door open wider than the passenger side?