2004 - 2008 F-150

is it just me ,or

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 06:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry is it just me ,or

I have had my 04 supercrew FX4 now for 5 months,and I can not get comfortable in my seat.I have tried all postions,and it is just not right.Anyone else have is problem? I am to the point that I want to get a different truck.

Cons - seat uncomfortable
- throttel delay
- way to hard to clean dash
- cant put arm on window
- not as much power as I thought for 300 hp

Took my buddys Hemi for the day,and yes the interior does not look as good as mine,but when you drive it it feels powerfull and no throttel delay,so is it just me or does anyone else feel this way.

Old 10-22-2004, 07:57 PM
It's you.

Old 10-22-2004, 08:01 PM
loving mine more every day

Old 10-22-2004, 08:02 PM
You are willing to trade your FX4 in for a Hemi just because you cant get comfortable in your seat and a throttle delay?? Wow. I thought I was picky. I wouldnt trade my FX4 for anything. Asking people on here to trade their F150s in on a hemi is just asking for flames....

Old 10-22-2004, 08:17 PM
I was going to trade my '03 supercrew in for a 2005, but i thought the same as you, the seats are terrible, i can't see myself buying a truck if the seat is uncomfortable, thats where you spend all your time, you gotta be comfy, i don't think he's being picky, just realistic, i'll stick with my 03 lariat for now, the seats good

Old 10-22-2004, 08:32 PM
Nuts right, it's you.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:14 PM
I love my truck and wouldn't trade it for any other truck made, but my seats suck too. I've owned 9 F-150's and only my first - a '79 with the flat bench - was worse to sit in. Many have commented on how nice my interior is, but nobody has ever claimed to be comfortable.

baja, get hooked up with the Superchip 1714 tuner and your truck will come alive and those seats won't feel so bad. Can't help you with the other stuff.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:18 PM
Do you guys have some abnormally long or short arms?? This is at least the fourth or fifth time i've heard people cant put there arm on the window. I dont get it. I'm 5'10" and have no problem. Im comfy in my seat and can rest my arm on the window or the armrest with no problems.

Did you say Semi, I mean Hemi?? do some research...its not even a real Hemi motor. Fake P.O.S.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:22 PM
I agree that the seat is very uncomfortable, I am always ***-shifting in the seat. And I'm 6'2", I feel I need more leg room (flow through console, floor shifter in the way). BUT, I say BUT, I would never trade this beast for any other truck, well maybe for the new (future) 6.2L Lariat!

Old 10-22-2004, 09:27 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
seats are pretty damn comfortable to me

oh, and how is the dash hard to clean? takes me like all of 30 seconds to wipe off the dust.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:30 PM
Goes to show that "comfortable" is different for everyone. When will they create a vehicle that pleases everyone, huh?

Seriously, I'm 6'6" (with a herniated disk in my back) and I can drive my truck all day. No complaints about the seats here. As far as the resting my arm issue...it was strange at first transitioning from my '97 and getting used to the changed ergonomics of the '04, but no problems now.

Clem - it's good to "see" you around again.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:35 PM
Ford built everything so stiff because they know most of us truck guys will probably keep these trucks for many years. They wanted to make sure that everything stands up to the test of time. Nothing irritates me more than having the interior fall apart after a few thousand miles of use.

I for one plan to take my XLT to at least 100 thousand+ before I even consider a new one. I am finding that it is taking time for these seats to break in but they are getting more comfy as time goes by. Some adjustments to the seat (headrest, recline angle, lower back support) have helped alot. Ford went out of their way to build this truck to stand up to what a truck is for, not just for looks but for function as well. When was the last time you saw a Ram hemi pulling a trailer? Excluding the commercials. The Ram isn't sold based on function, it's sold based on looks and power.

The F150 is so good at being a truck that I can overlook certain things like stiff seats. Especially when I've got 10 grand worth of trailer and cargo out back.

Old 10-22-2004, 09:53 PM
Re: is it just me ,or

Originally posted by baja27
I have had my 04 supercrew FX4 now for 5 months,and I can not get comfortable in my seat.I have tried all postions,and it is just not right.Anyone else have is problem? I am to the point that I want to get a different truck.

Cons - seat uncomfortable
- throttel delay
- way to hard to clean dash
- cant put arm on window
- not as much power as I thought for 300 hp

Took my buddys Hemi for the day,and yes the interior does not look as good as mine,but when you drive it it feels powerfull and no throttel delay,so is it just me or does anyone else feel this way.
I can see your point. I have trouble getting confortable in the seats at times. What bugs me is the ratcheting recline mechanism. It always seems like the seat should be in between the settings. What would be nice is power reclining, I mean I did pay for power seats, right? I sat in a new Five hundred yesterday and it had power recline.

I don't clean my truck often enough to worry about how hard the dash is to clean. So I have no advise to give in this area.

The doors on a supercab are longer and easier to rest your arm on once you get used to the height.

The other stuff can be fixed with the Superchips 1714 Tuner. It is worth paying more for premium fuel. The throttle delay is gone and it really gives the truck a kick in the a$$.

I test drove a Hemi before buying my FX4, and it does have impressive power, "real" Hemi or not. The rest of the truck just didn't compare to the Ford. The interior in my truck is awesome. So I bought the Ford and decided to give it some more power. Also, I have heard less than flattering things about the fuel economy of the Hemi.

Old 10-22-2004, 10:22 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by BREWDUDE
Do you guys have some abnormally long or short arms?? This is at least the fourth or fifth time i've heard people cant put there arm on the window. I dont get it. I'm 5'10" and have no problem. Im comfy in my seat and can rest my arm on the window or the armrest with no problems.

Did you say Semi, I mean Hemi?? do some research...its not even a real Hemi motor. Fake P.O.S.
BREWDUDE I think why some people hav problems restin their arms on th window and you don't is because the SCABS have longer front doors than all the other cabs. So we have more room to rest our arms.

Old 10-23-2004, 12:12 AM
its a shame that some people think that I was tring to slam Ford,but the truth is,I am not loyal to Ford or Dodge or Chev,who ever makes a good truck is who I would buy from.I have had 00 F150 XLT, Dodge 150.Chev 1500,and also Toyota,I trade up every 2-3 years, I bought a 04 Ford because of all the good write ups I read,that was 6 months ago,I have spoken to other people and some ,not all ,are Not as happy with there trucks as much as they were when they first had them.So if anyones feelings got hurt, sorry.