2004 - 2008 F-150

is it just me ,or

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2004, 01:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Go drive a Corvette for a day.

The door sill on the F150 will feel like its 1 foot from the ground.

Old 10-23-2004, 02:35 AM
I have an 04 FX4 Screw and love it. Interior is the best in any truck in my opinion. The seats are a bit firm, but I come from a Mustang Bullitt, so the seats seam like luxury to me! By far more comfortable than my 03 Screws seats! And I am 6'4''. The arm rest seams fine as well, I can rest my arms on it! The dash is a pieces of cake to clean, just use Protech Interior Protection! Works great and works on all services!

~Colby

Old 10-23-2004, 09:11 AM
I agree that the seats are a little stiff, but I think they will hold up a lot better over time. Just think, if you had super soft seats you would probably damage your bolster in no time.

I would give the seats time. Get that @ss print formed in the seat but make sure not to let anyone else drive it. .
Have you tried adjusting the lumbar?

As far as the armrest, I don't seem to understand what people are talking about. Are you saying you can't rest you arm on the window sill or on the armrest where it belongs? I keep hearing talk about the door length on the screw and scab and then I hear talk of not being able to rest arms on the sill. I had a ranger before my 150 and I had no choice I always had to have my arm on the sill. My 150 is a bigger truck and it has a larger gap between the seat and the door, so it is farther to reach if I want to place my arm on the sill. However, I am thankful that I can actually use the armrest on this truck.

Difficulty of not being able to clean the dash??
Do a search in "General Care and Detailing", I just saw a thread about this.

Throttle delay and HP?? Knock two birds out with one stone, get the 1714 superchips tuner. You will forget all about the uncomfortable seats and the tuner will help you form that @ssprint quicker

Old 10-23-2004, 11:09 AM
RWD
As someone who put 308K miles on a 98 F150 SCAB Lariat I agree somewhat with baja27. Although I don't think the 04 is terrible I don't like the armrest position nor the seat stiffness of my 04 Lariat as much as I did the 98. I had to replace the upholstry (leather) of the driver's seat of the 98 at 200K and it started showing wear right off the bat so I understand why Ford changed the material/softness. My wife hates the passenger seat in the 04, I tell her "it's a truck, deal with it.

Rich

Old 10-23-2004, 11:20 AM
I clean the interior, which only gets alittle dusty, with a damp cloth and small detail brush to get the cracks. I have been detailing vehicles for many years and do not like the materials used on doors and dash but plain old H2O works the best.

Drivers seat great, If husband drive (seldom) and I ride in passanger seat, Uncomfortable.

Arm rest, fine, use all the time. (5'11")

Husband complains about throttle delay but again he seldom drives. Truck has almost 20000 miles, at first it was noticable but I guess I'm used to it.