2004 - 2008 F-150

Rear power slider is dead

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2004, 09:03 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rear power slider is dead

One day it was working, the next it isnt. I checked the 401 fuse for the power windows and it's good, and the other windows still work. Maybe it's on another fuse, loose wire, bad motor? I am going to check it out today, just wondering if anyone has any specifics on this?

Old 10-03-2004, 09:18 AM
Mine did the same thing. Then about two weeks later it started working again. Now sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. I havent taken it in because with my luck it will work when I get it there.

Old 10-03-2004, 10:10 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by slvrscrew
Mine did the same thing. Then about two weeks later it started working again. Now sometimes it works sometimes it doesnt. I havent taken it in because with my luck it will work when I get it there.
No doubt, you have a loose connection somewhere. It can’t be a fuse.

Old 10-03-2004, 11:13 AM
Moderator &

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by jpdadeo
No doubt, you have a loose connection somewhere. It can’t be a fuse.
I definately tend to agree with this diagnosis.

Old 10-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Had the same problem the other night. Hadn't opened it in a while and I'm certain is was just stuck because when I pressed the button, the overhead lights would dim. After driving home over some rough roads, it started working again.

Old 10-03-2004, 02:44 PM
Well took overhead console down and I get 12v at the wiring harness connector on one pin plugging into the rear slider switch. Removed rear top seat and checked motor and connector plugging into the motor gets no power. Unless I am missing something it looks like the switch is faulty. I'll let Ford fix it under warranty, just annoys me since I have only had the truck for less than a month. I can only assume the 401 fuse is the correct fuse since the manual doesnt list anything else for the power windows or slider.

I have been able to find official Ford service CD's for my last two Fords but cant locate one for this new 2004 model F150. Anyone know where to get one?

I already realized my OBD2 device doesnt work on it either since this truck uses CAN so I'll need to upgrade the connector to read my OBD2.

Old 10-03-2004, 02:49 PM
Maybe I'll go four wheeling and see if it cure it. If not the switch there has to be a bad ground or something somewhere. Seems like there's three of us so far that have experienced this issue, can’t be a coincidence.

Originally posted by Hokie4tec
Had the same problem the other night. Hadn't opened it in a while and I'm certain is was just stuck because when I pressed the button, the overhead lights would dim. After driving home over some rough roads, it started working again.

Old 10-03-2004, 05:16 PM
Well for what it's worth, took the truck to the grocery store and thought I would try it just for the hell of it, it worked!!!

So, the day before yesterday it worked, yesterday and all this morning working on it didnt work, now all by itself it works

Adding it to the list of "first service visit" goodies to be checked.

Quick Reply: Rear power slider is dead