2004 - 2008 F-150

I contacted Ford Customer Service...DSB on the way

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2004, 10:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I contacted Ford Customer Service...DSB on the way

A DSB form from Ford is on the way. My steering wheel nibble is bad between 65-75mph, and has not been corrected. The truck has 12,000 miles on it and has had the nibble since day one. We have balanced the tires 10 times, and replaced tires. Sometimes after balancing the wheel will be smooth for about a week, then the nibble returns. It blows my mind that Ford does not have a permanent fix for this. These trucks have been out for over a year now. I do not mind problems, however I do mind when they can't be fixed. Thanks for letting me vent.

Old 09-30-2004, 03:38 PM
I feel your pain. I'm going through the same thing right now. Maybe we need to start a support group. Problem is I don't know what to name it. Maybe the vibe tribe....

Ron

Old 09-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Hey PA, I followed your problems and your post, I feel your pain too. I also have the rotational vibe harmonic vibe you spoke of, but it is the steering nibble that is driving me nuts. I actually learned how to drive around my rotational vibe. Mine does it when I apply just enough throttle to unlock the converter between 58-63. If I apply more throttle and allow the RPM's to come up it goes away. I really wanted to enjoy my truck, because
besides my problems it has alot of good points and is a fine looking machine. However, the hate in my relationship with my truck has overtaken the love in the love hate relationship. The vibe tribe sounds good to me. Let me know how your DSB goes.

Old 09-30-2004, 04:03 PM
Will do. Hang in there. I still think Ford makes a wonderful truck. I just think they need to learn how to deal with customers that have issues like we are experiencing.

Vibe Tribe Member,
Ron

Old 10-04-2004, 10:03 PM
Question Steering Nibble

Has anyone else heard that Ford is about to release some sort of "answer" for this Steering vibe issue? I took mine in today for the 73mph nibble. Mine mostly does it in the 70s. they balanced the tires to no avail but said that on Oct 18 Ford is making some sort of announcement. (?)

Anyone else hear this?

Old 10-04-2004, 10:34 PM
My truck had a vibration at around 70 mph when I first got it. Seemed to me like it was related to the rain grooves in the highways around here (Dallas). I got a screw in one of the tires and replaced them (Continentals) with Michelin Pilots. (17" XLT). Major difference in ride. Not only did the vibration quit, but the ride was even better than before (and I really liked it before). It sounds like others have different problems than just the speed vibration, but one of the thing I noticed at Sears when they changed the tires, was the Continentals had really big weights. The guy at Sears did a good job and tweeked the tire placement to where there was very little weight needed.

Old 10-05-2004, 07:28 AM
I have not heard of any announcement on the 18th. Your dealer told you about this?

Trending Topics

Old 10-05-2004, 08:32 AM
Re: Steering Nibble

Originally posted by salzmann
Has anyone else heard that Ford is about to release some sort of "answer" for this Steering vibe issue? I took mine in today for the 73mph nibble. Mine mostly does it in the 70s. they balanced the tires to no avail but said that on Oct 18 Ford is making some sort of announcement. (?)

Anyone else hear this?
Salzmann where did you hear about this annoucement, also when you get some more info can you please be sure to post it hear. I had no nibble on the truck the first 10k miles then rotated the tires now a nibble. It has slowwley gone away and is barley there anymore. I am do to rotate the tires hear soon we will see what happens. I have the General tires in 255/70/R17 on a XLT. The tires suck and I will replace with aftermarket ties when these go out.

Old 10-05-2004, 08:35 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You guys need to stay after Ford hard and heavy to get those vibration problems fixed. Most trucks don’t have vibration problems, which means there is a solution. My truck had a slight vibration/nibble when I got it (10-24-03) that was corrected by replacing one tire.

Old 10-05-2004, 09:33 AM
DSB and New Truck

Guys and Gals:

I am going to get my new truck (DSB buyback on the old one) in the next 4-6 weeks...

I would like to get an '04 to save a little $$$ but am actually scared in doing so about getting a vibrator again. See my dealer would have to trade for an '04 because they only have '05's now.

Damn... I have test driven other trucks, but this is the biggest looking truck out there. Might be big, heavy, slower than some, but I really love it (besides the nibble and vibe.)

Matt

Old 10-05-2004, 09:37 AM
mjninke, glad to hear you got a buy back! Best thing you guys can do is stay on Ford's butt about this stuff, the more trucks they have to buyback the now interested in finding a fix they will be. Thats what the process is for and I hope it continues to work. Good luck to everyone with problems in getting resolution.

Old 10-05-2004, 01:55 PM
My truck also has the "Vibe". I was wondering if this is limited to a certain rearend gear. My truck has the 3:55LS. Is this problem occurring with different rearends. I talked to my dealer service manager today and told him about it. I asked him to check the OASIS for a bulletin and see if Ford had an answer yet. He checked and found that Ford engineers know there is a problem but do not have an answer yet.

Last edited by mazer; 10-05-2004 at 02:16 PM.
Old 10-05-2004, 03:40 PM
Re: Re: Steering Nibble

Originally posted by JDaddy
I had no nibble on the truck the first 10k miles then rotated the tires now a nibble. It has slowwley gone away and is barley there anymore. I am do to rotate the tires hear soon we will see what happens. I have the General tires in 255/70/R17 on a XLT. The tires suck and I will replace with aftermarket ties when these go out.
If it bothered me much, I would either insist Ford gave me some new (better) tires or if they wont do that, worst case scenario, I'd buy myself some better tires. I know we shouldn't have to buy new tires after 10,000 miles but... I dont know why Ford puts such lousy tires on these things from the start.

Quick Reply: I contacted Ford Customer Service...DSB on the way